Home

Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake125
And like I said, why doesn't EA ever fight back,
How do you know they don't???? You ask the question like you know without a doubt they do what they are told no questions asked.

To preempt your response.

Yes, we do know what isn't in the game, but what we don't know is the things they EA may have had to fight to get in the game.

One example coming to mind is adjustable sock lengths, I believe I saw a screen shot showing they will be in the game this year. This is another one of those things that for years we were told that since it is against the rules to do that in the NFL, they didn't want it to be allowed in the game.

Maybe EA has been trying for years to get this in and the NFL caved this year.

Quote:
is the contract with the NFL written so the NFL has total control over the game and EA doesn't have any?
Probably not, but with the amount of money EA has made through this deal and the fact that they would probably want to renew the deal if given the opportunity, I would imagine you pick and choose your battles with the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How do you know they don't???? You ask the question like you know without a doubt they do what they are told no questions asked.

To preempt your response.

Yes, we do know what isn't in the game, but what we don't know is the things they EA may have had to fight to get in the game.

One example coming to mind is adjustable sock lengths, I believe I saw a screen shot showing they will be in the game this year. This is another one of those things that for years we were told that since it is against the rules to do that in the NFL, they didn't want it to be allowed in the game.

Maybe EA has been trying for years to get this in and the NFL caved this year.

Probably not, but with the amount of money EA has made through this deal and the fact that they would probably want to renew the deal if given the opportunity, I would imagine you pick and choose your battles with the NFL.
I don't know, I guess it just doesn't make any sense to me, I would think the NFL would let EA make the game the way they want to and not dictate what can't be in it. The NFL should know that EA knows a lot more about making games than they do, they only hurt sells trying to do things their way. EA knows what their customers (video game buyers) want more than the NFL does, I believe the NFL is doing more harm than good.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #43
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I don't know, I guess it just doesn't make any sense to me, I would think the NFL would let EA make the game the way they want to and not dictate what can't be in it.
Nope... NFL is more controlling now since EA are the only ones that can make an NFL game.

NFL has dictated games in the past too... they told Midway to tone down Blitz back when EA didn't have exclusivity to the NFL license.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

I still think it woule be a good idea for Madden to do a new or tweaked broadcast style presentation. They have all the right to do anything they want
Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
I don't know, I guess it just doesn't make any sense to me, I would think the NFL would let EA make the game the way they want to and not dictate what can't be in it. The NFL should know that EA knows a lot more about making games than they do, they only hurt sells trying to do things their way. EA knows what their customers (video game buyers) want more than the NFL does, I believe the NFL is doing more harm than good.
I doubt the NFL gives a rat's behind about Madden's sales, as they already have their deal in place, regardless of EA's sales numbers, the NFL get's their cash. Sure, they don't want the game to bomb, otherwise they can't get EA to re-up when this deal runs out...but a few hundred thousand lost sales doesn't effect the NFL in any way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #46
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

The whole ESPN/NFL Network/Fox/CBS thing is overrated IMO. If there was emotion in the commentary and it was well timed, the "presentation" side of things in this game would improve by leaps and bounds.

Right now, Madden has the worst commentary in all sports video games. Like Valdarez stated, it's all event driven. No event, no commentary. The "conversation" doesn't flow like it does in every other game. Yes, the commentary in ALL games can get repetitive, that's expected, but at least the announcers sound like they're at the stadium/arena and not in a phone booth.

Think for a minute how the conversation flows in games like NBA2K10, MLB2K10, The Show, and of the NHL games, and FIFA. What is taking the most popular sports game (in the US) so long to get on this?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 29

When people start turning down the commentary to zero (0), it says a lot about the 'quality' of said commentary.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The whole ESPN/NFL Network/Fox/CBS thing is overrated IMO. If there was emotion in the commentary and it was well timed, the "presentation" side of things in this game would improve by leaps and bounds.

Right now, Madden has the worst commentary in all sports video games. Like Valdarez stated, it's all event driven. No event, no commentary. The "conversation" doesn't flow like it does in every other game. Yes, the commentary in ALL games can get repetitive, that's expected, but at least the announcers sound like they're at the stadium/arena and not in a phone booth.

Think for a minute how the conversation flows in games like NBA2K10, MLB2K10, The Show, and of the NHL games, and FIFA. What is taking the most popular sports game (in the US) so long to get on this?
My thoughts exactly!! The game feels dead, and gets boring before I finish a quarter because of this and the lack of serious and realistic crowd reactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »