Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #81
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning

I'm personally encouraged because we know this is tip of the iceburg stuff. I'm gonna bet the farm that OL/DL is a biggie for either the draft or soon thereafter. Headscans and tuning catching aren't bad, but they hardly qualify as bombshells and Ian knows this. See it on Sunday from a presentation standpoint is played out from last year. And I could see how this tool could be used, along with ProTac, to tweak the OL/DL to get it more realistic. Anyone wanna bet? BTW, forgot to mention that Ian had already said that locomotion was being worked on big time this cycle. The Blue Names all have known that for a while. It all comes together finally for realistic momentum and blocking. I got a dollar on it!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #82
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Ian Cummings' Catch Tuning Blog (3/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
alot of the middle ware and tools they use received an big update to things there were using.the problem is that it was too late to implement by the time the game was released . so they had the time to implement it and mess with for the next cycle.
i did some research based on what Ian had said about the games engine on one of his blogs. i ran across quite a few upgrades to systems they used and the date also ran with the developement cycle in 10 which most was too late to put in the game.
What are the middle ware tools you are referring to?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm personally encouraged because we know this is tip of the iceburg stuff. I'm gonna bet the farm that OL/DL is a biggie for either the draft or soon thereafter. Headscans and tuning catching aren't bad, but they hardly qualify as bombshells and Ian knows this. See it on Sunday from a presentation standpoint is played out from last year. And I could see how this tool could be used, along with ProTac, to tweak the OL/DL to get it more realistic. Anyone wanna bet? BTW, forgot to mention that Ian had already said that locomotion was being worked on big time this cycle. The Blue Names all have known that for a while. It all comes together finally for realistic momentum and blocking. I got a dollar on it!
Someone has secrets I see.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #84

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I hope that is the case but, I'm pretty skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #85
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Brian. If true, this is news we can use.

Brian is not one to shine anyone on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #86
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
What are the middle ware tools you are referring to?
Emotion FX , their autodesk or ANT
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #87
Banned

OVR: 10
i see nothing special about this picture, it like any other madden pic to me; i really hope madden bring it this year, and not get us all hyped up like did for the madden 10.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #88
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Emotion FX , their autodesk or ANT
I've started to play around with Autodesk 3ds Max. I'm building my little virtual Madden Man, and am gonna try to get some animation loops with some IK to show some of the biomechanics I'd like to see in Madden to make the game seem more authentic. I'm wondering if thats what Ian was using last year to show the route-running changes. It looks really similar to what I seeing as I'm working with it. I like 3dsMax a lot better than Cinema 4d. It's great for static work, but not animation. I'd be interested to find out what all they have in their toolkit. A lot of it has to be proprietary stuff, but I'm sure they've got a lot of "off the shelf" stuff, too.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the tweaking tool for branching decisions that he was talking about. That, used in conjunction with the existing pro-tac system offers a ton of possiblities. Plus, Ian had shared that they were exploring either using the "rail-tracks" locomotion system that was developed by the Fifa team and is used in both Fifa10 and WC, or making their own variant.

All of this seems to be adding up to a counter to the on the fly calculations that Euphoria uses. In a way, I kinda feel Tiburon's approach. You can mold specific animations, now seemlingly frame by frame, into a "sig style" type scenario. This will look less helter-skelter and random, like you would get with free physics. I'm just hoping that this is implemented across the board and not just a few glaring problem areas, like pass catching. Well, I guess whole swaths of the game could be considered "problem" areas... I'd just be happy if this next installment had the depth of "sig-style" animations that NBA2k does without the occasional brain-dead movements that 2k suffers from. And this first blog gives me hope, because the come-back routes in Madden10 where a definite "braindead" moment, that appears to have been addressed.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »