Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Gameplay of sideline/Endzone catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
One annoying thing was in the beginning of the video when they were huddled around Brees they were so spaced out comparing to

You should've seen how this looked in the Alpha. The camera was completely out of control. I complained a lot about it. I'm glad they at least got it stable.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #74
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Damn, #99 is fast! WTF chasing down reggie bush.. jeez... i hope they still keep the speed threshold and game speed
Haha... I noticed that as well. #99 Antonio Johnson looks more like a MLB than a DT
Old 04-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

That last TD pass to Colston looked so fluid! I love it. Hope all mid-air collisions are like that. no more trans-morphing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Man I hate the running animation, the legs are not moving fast enough...players don't look like they are even trying to run. It just looks so unrealistic.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty nice. The running physics still look stiff and the juke and plant is still far from Madden '04 but its better than '10. Im optimistic.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Graphical issues

- The receiver stances at the line of scrimmage are still completely unrealistic.
- Where is Jeremy Shockey's long blonde hair?
- The type of facemask in which Sedrick Ellis is wearing needs another bar underneath.

Fine points

- The juke performed by Pierre Thomas in the open field on the Colts defender was sick.
- The touchdown catches by Meachem and Colston were nice.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #79
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

That back endzone catch was actually pretty hideous.. He is running full speed to the left and then stops instantly and falls upfield. Not to mention that animation wasnt even called for where the WR caught the ball.

Typical of EA not to know how to handle things in context to what is happening on the field. The game just pulls an animation out of the hat and plays it.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 12

I have to agree with the running, especially on that first Pierre Thomas run. It looks like it's a computer animated run, and not something that was mo-capped.

Also, I have never seen someone do that with that TD catch that Meachem made. He's running to the left, then all of a sudden falls forward like that. If anything they always jump up in the back of the end zone and try to tap their feet in on the way down

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »