Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

All i want to make me happy is realistic coverage with jostling and realistic blocking
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 13

Someone mentioned in this or another thread that the players strides are way too long and the game does look way too slow!

I hate the game speed being slow, I understand that people liked it because it helped the run game, but to me it is a sad point that they have to slow things down - which highlights issues like the poor running animations and general lack of control on the players - in order to have the run game work at all.

NFL football is played at a speed which you can not appreciate on TV. Having been to games myself I am amazed every time by how freakishly fast these athletes are. OL who we think of as slow run 40 times at like 5.00 seconds and some even faster and you may be surprised how fast that really is.

The other thing I want to mention is that for all the issues last gen had, the game was so smooth and fluid. Put in M10 for PS2 and play a half, then try to play PS3 or 360 version even on normal speed and you will be amazed at the difference!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322

some issue

@ 1:06 player did the juke 5 yard behind and the D still fell for it bc of the follow through animation.

@ 1:09 number 25 falls at the offense feet similar to madden 10 (if it aint a protak moment no more then one player can engage)...he shoulda leveled him with his shoulder similar to what you see in real foot.

@1:29 next L1 player just standing still (for a few sec)
Old 04-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 13

Protak was a complete joke IMO, because it did not allow you to engage anymore than when all the animations were canned and you could see the break away from 5 tacklers coming but you could not get the player you had waiting to land a tackle attempt for anything!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Protak was a complete joke IMO, because it did not allow you to engage anymore than when all the animations were canned and you could see the break away from 5 tacklers coming but you could not get the player you had waiting to land a tackle attempt for anything!!!
lol with all these silly add on madden is doing i see madden no different then NBA Jam sega ....you know whats real annoying; that david tyree helmet catch, they took one lil luck moment and made it a standard in madden. they had in madden 09, then 10. hopelly they'll remove it in madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #102
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

I love the Gameflow mode that he talks about. When I play the game I want to be a player on the field, players on the field don't call the plays, the coach does. In the past I liked the Ask Madden option but it always seemed pretty generic and non-team specific, hopefully this new mode will fix that. If I was understanding Drew correctly in the video it will.

My main gripe, and what others have mentioned is the running/footwork. I think the biggest issue is that the running strides are just too short. The players run like they're on insect legs or something. If they have nice long lifelike strides they'll move just as fast without looking like they're sliding.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I hope that pre game pump up with Brees was just in an early build. Without background sounds, it didn't sound good at all. I need crowd noises that are loud to go worth that or I'll skip it every single time.

Sounds about right to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2Mk...eature=related
Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

No, the Madden chant is just too quiet. Plus its lacking over half the team. The whole team is there with Drew in real life. I don't even think the whole offense is with him in the game.

I can't point it out, but something just isn't right with Madden's chant. It just doesn't sound authentic. I don't know if its how they recorded him in a stdio(I assume) or if its because its completely silent in the stadium for some reason.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »