Home

Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted?

This is a discussion on Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted?

The resounding answer is absolutely!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 AM   #18
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Agree with you. I don't know why so many people want to sim through franchise mode instead of playing it. What fun is it just siming though it. Yes franchsie mode needs to be deeper this year to show improvements. I really hope offline franchise has got some attention. But time will tell when they give us a blog on it. I'm hoping they will give it to us soon.
Yah, i don't sim through them. However, as i said before, i can use my imagination to get over gameplay flaws but franchise mode is just so lackluster that no amount of imaginative power would allow me to enjoy it.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #19
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I play my franchise mode games (I don't sim), so I disagree

However, I definitely want there to be big improvements to franchise mode this year too and the fact that the devs are being so quiet about it is a pretty good sign...
Or is it....

dun dun.....dun dun... dun dun, dun dun, dundundundundunddun.....

(JAWS music in case you didn't capiche)

Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont think we will see anything close to perfect for at least another 3 or more years. All I want from Madden 11 is better physics, especially in the running game and a deeper franchise mode. I am greatly concerned that EA seems hell bent on catering to the the online community and is not at all too concerned with the gamer who plays offline..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 12

i doubt it.

side note - I never see anyone critique the defensive pass coverage and how poor it was in madden 10. to me this is the ultimate gameplay deal breaker. Nevermind everything else, it is impossible to run a successful man coverage in this game. maybe i'm the only one still concerned about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
NO
^^^^This....there will be the obligatory honeymoon period, those few days after release where everyone is gaga over the new locomotion and the inability of guys online to hot route 15 guys and flip a play on every snap to form the basis of their 3-play, 1-formation offense and / or defense...but in the end, this will be just like the other games in the series - loads of fun at first and then you're gonna need to find like-minded players or just adapt to the BS...going into it with ANY other outlook is simply BEGGING to be disappointed!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

madden is old news
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I play my franchise mode games (I don't sim), so I disagree

However, I definitely want there to be big improvements to franchise mode this year too and the fact that the devs are being so quiet about it is a pretty good sign...

I'm with J Masta here with the fact that Franchise > Gameplay tweaks, IMO and I don't sim either. It's about the stats, trading, FA, RFA, Scouting (Pro Days, Combine, Senior Bowl, Workouts), The Draft, Contracts, Player Personalities, Team Finances (yes we want adjusting ticket/concession prices back), and 80 man rosters with cuts down to 53 which in turn also unlocks more attributes for rookies makinig the preseason games matter.

Basically take everything you can from NFL Head Coach 09 and put it in Madden 11 and if EA gave us a choice between THAT or having a few more gameplay tweaks, I'd take the NFLHC09 Franchise features in a SECOND.

I wouldn't even think twice about it. Not only that, but I'd pay more for the game too. Period.

Last edited by joejccva71; 05-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »