Home

Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted?

This is a discussion on Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will this be the year we finally get the gameplay we've always wanted?

We won't "get the gameplay we wanted" until there's a new engine created from scratch and even then, it's only going to happen IF they get it right.

So, earliest possible scenario is next gen.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #34
Strategy

OVR: 36

We hope and pray for this every year. And still every year, there are lots of complaints. I'm not certain that even if this was a great year for gameplay that we (overall community) wouldn't break it down and find ways to be critical. With that said, sometimes we don't realize "great", until we no longer have it. Just think back to last gen, when we thought things were bad then, but now we speak about all the features and gameplay that was present then, minus the enhanced graphics and animations now. Also, they can't even implement simple stuff like in-game saves now. What's up with that.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I'm still amazed that the Challenge System is a step child in the dev process. I mean this is one of the more integral parts of football and yes it is gameplay. For Madden for years not to have incorporated a real Challenge system is beyond me. I don't understand how people mention gameplay and never once say anything about the challenge system. In many cases its detrimental to the success of you winning and losing. Their are a whole host of other issues that this game just does flat out wrong for years and still no sign of correcting them, its just a new year a new slogan. They often remind me of that tall white guy on "Madtv" when he played the character as a small boy. His character would always say "look at what I can do" Last year "Everything On Sunday" i.e. Presentation, this year Quicker, Deeper, Simpler 350 to 1 i.e. Game flow and Game Plan. Pro-Tak, Locomotion ect... Just make the damn game play football.
I hear ya on the challenge system...I coulda swore a few years back (maybe even back to last gen?) the challenge system actually worked. Even though it wasn't the deepest feature ever, I remember a time when it seemed to do what it was intended to...now it's just a complete joke, maybe even more so than Superstar Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 01:00 AM   #36
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

No.

And not because I'm another EA *****. Its just that in reality, gamers will always find something.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

what do you guys think out of that list wont be addressed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »