Home

Madden PreRelease Reviews Limited to Single Event Viewing (misunderstanding-post #36)

This is a discussion on Madden PreRelease Reviews Limited to Single Event Viewing (misunderstanding-post #36) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 11 Pre-Release Reviews Limited to Single Event Viewing (UPDATED) See post

Cant say that having or not having early reviews really matters much in the long run.

Every early review, regardless of what publishing company , reviewer, OS member, etc is a positive one. As someone said in a previous thread " Its the shiney, new game feeling all over again" Every good thing will be pointed out and every negative will not be mentioned. Less than 24 hrs after the game has been released to the normal public is when you will see true opinions come out.

Finally everyone will be able to post without having to send in proof of owning a copy and the early adopters will finally fess up to whatever glaring issues happen to come up during " insert year of game here "
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden PreRelease Reviews Limited to Single Event Viewing (misunderstanding-post

Well, to start with, when you read reviews, do you not want the broadest base of people giving them to you? I mean, if you have something reviewed by a huge fan/huge detractor, do you really think you are going to get a fair and unbiased opinion? For me, I always read the negative most negative, worst reviews of something first, since, if nothing else, you will get the a good picture of what is truely wrong with the product. After all, usually a negative review is not someone who hates the product, from what I have seen (and it is VERY EASY to spot these sentiments, and, not saying that you do not get the ***** review syndrome, just, I guess you have to be a bit discerning in all things that you take in). It is usually from someone who is really looking forward to whatever the product happens to be, only to be dissappointed with it. True Story there.

Honestly, with the direction that EA is taking with their games, you would really want the casal type to give you a review, since, that is what EA is really going for, for better or worse (prove me wrong here, win a steak.).

To me, personnally, I have seen many movies that have not been up for review until after they are out, and, usually, there is a reason for this. Now, with Madden, it may be different, but, I can guarantee one thing for sure...Those that like Madden, will like it, those who do not, won't. and those who are on the fence, will ask what they should do.

My advice, much like some other really smart people on here, rent before you buy, always. You will NEVER go wrong. Ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »