Home

Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

This is a discussion on Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #73
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Neither need nor desire to play 2K anything... Besides, the most I'll find is that I can do the same thing I'm doing in Madden, with a slightly different technique. Or better stated, I can do the same thing from APF in Madden with a different technique.

The point to the video is proving what isn't supposed to be possible in Madden IS POSSIBLE. More than that, it's not a fluke happening as I can throw before receivers make breaks on most every route to every area of the field.

I'm wondering when/if someone will actually say: "You know... We didn't know you could actually do that."

Later

Maybe the devs will say it.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
You're making the same mistake as Valdarez and others. He will never see it.
I saw it... I watched Vadarez's video. I really don't need to play the game to see the difference. Nor will I need to be versed in the mechanics of passing on that game to realize this game does the same thing.

I've turned the "No you can'ts" into "Yes I Did"

But if seeing isn't believing, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Later
Old 05-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Like I said in your thread, we all know what you're doing in that video can be done...but that's not route based passing.
What is it then?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5

To the people who keep saying the flats are not covered properly...

OLB Tackle in Cover 3
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20453275

CB hit in Cover 2
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20453287

CB pass break up in Cover 2
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20453229
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #77
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
What is it then?

Later
This is how Passing Madden 10 works, becasue you obviously never read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings
The other change that was made once we got in all these accuracy changes was to change our accuracy 'algorithm'. Previously there was a big circle that got drawn around the player and we picked a random point in that circle based on the rating check. However, you could get pretty unpredictable results in this system. I'll show you why in the case of an out route headed towards the sideline:

Even if we determined that it should be an inaccurate pass behind him, it could end up hitting the WR right in the numbers since he could slow down as the ball was released. So we changed this up to match more of a realistic system based on what an NFL QB would do. Here is the NEW system:

We implemented across the board based on the 'err on the side of caution' aspect. Good QB's will put the ball where only their receiver can get it, and bad QB's, well, they'll at least try to do that.
We also used this concept for precision passing. It always felt strange to be holding 'down' on a precision pass on a curl route, only to have the ball sail over the player's head. The new algorithm will err on the direction that you are holding...so if you are trying to throw it to low to a player on a quick smash, you would put it in the dirt (assuming that your QB's short accuracy rating determined the pass would be inaccurate). Eagles fans probably know this phenomenon all too well.
No where does Madden 10 care what route the receiver is running, it only cares where the receiver is going when the ball is thrown. if you can't understand this, then I'm sorry, but you never will.

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-27-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #78
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I've been playing Madden since 1990. I've played every version and remember the year Route Based passing was marketed. I never used it on Madden either.
Route based passing has never been marketed in Madden.

Quote:
The purpose of the video is to shatter two myths as it relates to passing in Madden:

1) Passes are NOT always thrown ahead of the receiver's current path
2) Passes CAN be thrown to the proper point in a receiver's route before the receiver cuts.
#1 can only be achieved by using lead passing to direct the receiver or throwing a bad pass which effectively directs the receiver as well. As I stated before, this is what's wrong with Madden. You should not be able to redirect the receiver to the point it's completely altering their path. This is one of the biggest crutches in Madden to make the passing game easier. It's also one of the things that unnecessarily makes it more difficult for them to program their defensive coverage (unnecessarily so sadly).

#2 No. You're just redirecting the receiver to a spot along the route, or making a bad throw and the receiver is adjusting to the bad throw (see #1).

There's nothing in the Madden passing mechanics that has the quarterbacks or the receivers respecting the routes the receivers are running.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This is how Passing Madden 10 works, becasue you obviously never read this:
Never saw that when it was new... Pretty diagrams.

But this isn't the game. It makes no different what you were told... Consider yourself hoodwinked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
No where does Madden 10 care what route the receiver is running, it only cares where the receiver is going when the ball is thrown. if you can't understand this, then I'm sorry, but you never will.
I'm not void of understanding... But I don't think you're listening. Ever heard of Galileo? Considered a heretic because he actually dropped some objects to see if the heavy one fell faster. Found out they fall at the same speed. Maybe you should drop some objects.

Go to Practice Mode and try it yourself. You won't succeed the first few times you try it and you'll assume I'm bull jiving. But keep at it...

I PROMISE YOU!!!

In spite of what you've been told :: You CAN throw before the receiver cuts and the QB will deliver it to the spot on the route in Madden 10. They might not have had a nifty marketing moniker sharing PRO-TAK's thunder, but that doesn't change the facts.

I went in again today, just to make sure I wasn't doing something like using "Read and Lead" passing to 'aim' the pass. I was cognizant of my left thumb position at all times. I was able to use button pressure and timing to throw the ball as the route suggests before the receiver made his cut.

Some routes are harder than others... Like that TE Quick Out: I have to throw it before the QB auto-drop on this particular play so it comes out with the QB falling backward. Tough to time, if I throw at 3 steps, the TE stays on his stem. Throw at 5 and he's already turned. At 4, the QB hits it just right, but looks ******** doing it.

The Post to the slot is the next toughest one to time. The Deep Out and the Comeback are FLAWLESS.

TRY IT... IT WORKS... THE VIDEO PROVES IT... THE NEXT ONE WILL PROVE IT BETTER.

Later
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #80
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

You've ignored my points about the react to the pass anytime by the receiver. It can't be react anytime & route based passing. It's either one or the other.

You're also arguing against the word of the developer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »