Home

Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

This is a discussion on Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

I'm not sure if TNT713 knows exactly what route based passing is. Let me start off with the old saying, "the qb and wr are on the same page..." This basically sums up route based passing. How many times have you seen in the NFL the qb throw a pass before the WR cut on his route? They are timing the route, the qb knows when the reciever is cutting and throws to a spot on the field where the WR is SUPPOSE to be. I think the phrase "suppose to be" is the key. If the WR is not on his route, got bumped or just ran his route poorly, then more than likely the pass will be off (if the qb chooses to throw to that wr) or he'll find his #2 wr and so on.

In Madden, it doesn't matter if the WR runs his route poorly, fell, got jammed, or even if he ran the wrong damn route. The qb will throw to where the wr is at that moment. For instance, say the wr is suppose to run a 10 yard curl, but instead he runs an out route. The qb is anticipating the wr to cut at 10 and come back to him, so the qb releases the ball when the wr is at about 8 yards or so at the spot where he's suppose to be on his comeback. Then all of a sudden the wr runs an out, so the pass is off. But in Madden, the pass will be on target on the out route.

You are showing us videos in practice mode against no defense, where the qb is slightly leading the wr. That is not a strong argument in my opinion. Besides, the devs KNOW that their passing mechanics in the game are not route based passing, so how can you argue with that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

TNT, I was completely non-biased and i just tried it....I'm sorry bro, but your wrong on this. There is a reason nobody is coming to your defense man. Just let it be. I practiced about 5 routes and each one around 5 different timings. You can lead pass, but the receiver just "reacts"
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalasta
TNT, I was completely non-biased and i just tried it....I'm sorry bro, but your wrong on this. There is a reason nobody is coming to your defense man. Just let it be. I practiced about 5 routes and each one around 5 different timings. You can lead pass, but the receiver just "reacts"
If you're serious about trying to find out, Keep trying. I never expected anyone who wasn't aware to have success right away . Here are some pointers:

- Don't think of it as trying to duplicate AFP passing. Throw Madden passes.
- Use deeper routes (12 yard outs work best for me). It's too hard to time the short ones.
- Get some arc on your passes. It helps make the point that the ball does go to the route instead of the receiver.

You will throw the ball to the route stem several times, even if you know how to throw to the route (I edit footage to show only successes). This 1st video is something I recorded and threw together kinda whimsically just to show the possibility or balls being thrown toward the route instead of the route stem. I spent less than 10 minutes recording...

Two days ago, when this thread became serious, I thought it would be best to make it a video series. I spent about 45 minutes a few days ago getting better footage, providing better examples, and ensuring that there is NO PASS LEADING. There will also be footage of passes being thrown to the route stem to illustrate the what Madden is EXPECTED to do in addition to passes thrown to the route to show what it's capable of doing. This video is already recorded and is in the editing stages and should be done late tonight or Sunday.

My 3rd and fian video in the series will be ONE HANDED... I will only use my right thumb to snap and throw. I'll let the Auto-Drop do it's thing and let the pass fly. NO FINGER ON THE LEFT STICK. I have not yet begun filming this one. If I can figure out how to superimpose both images on my software, I'll try to sync my controller hand with the passes that are thrown (no promises though). I haven't decided if I'm going to add text or audio commentary...

Sound Fair?

Later
Old 05-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #84
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

I just read through all of this and the some of the disagreement comes down to semantics.IMO,it seems you guys and TNT are saying the same phrase,"route based passing" but using it differently.

I think TNT is refering more to the action of route based passing,using it as a verb.He is able to make timed throws to receivers which are based on the receivers' progression in a predetermined route.

I think you guys are refering more to the system or object route based passing,using it as a noun.This system allows you to make a throw based on a receivers predetermined route at anytime.

TNT is saying he doesnt care about the route based passing system because he is still able to simulate some route based passing actions using Madden 10s' passing system.

TNT,the other guys are trying to inform you that,the fact that the pass has to be timed with the receivers' progression in the route is what seperates the systems.With a route based passing system,you can throw that out,curl,comeback,fade or whatever at anytime and the ball will still be thrown to where the receiver would theoretically be at the completion of the predetermined route.For example,an out n up in Madden 10 would have to be timed so you don't throw just an out.With a route based passing system,you will always throw the up no matter what.

The route based passing systems' is based on a receiver running his route and getting to a predetermined spot on the field where the QB is passing the ball to.The pass is based mainly on the route,not the receiver.

In Madden 10,to simulate a route based passing action,the QB is passing the ball based on the receivers' progression in a predetermined route.The pass is based mainly on the receiver,not the route.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
All Madden = Real Football? Really now...
  • Throw any time passing
  • No timed passes
    [*]Psychic DB's that react to the balls location as the QB begins the arm movement (instead of covering their man)
  • Incorrect Passing Arcs (too low)
  • LBs jumping in the air to make INTs 15 yards off a pass
  • Nano-Blitzing
  • Inability to cover flats
Bleh, I could go on. The problems with the game have nothing to do with the difficult setting, or even the sliders. I tried like heck to fix 'em with Madden 10. The problems are core gameplay problems that only code changes can address.
I HATE THAT....i made a thread on this awhile back. the db knows your receivers' route before he does lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #86
Banned

For those following on this thread:

It's part 3... One Finger Passes based on the route...

Later
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
For those following on this thread:

It's part 3... One Finger Passes based on the route...

Later
i dont wanna get into this argument but that looks like route based passing to me ...

pz
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #88
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I HATE THAT....i made a thread on this awhile back. the db knows your receivers' route before he does lol
Yeah, it's why TNT isn't showing any video of actual gameplay, only practice. In Madden a gamer can't throw the ball in a game and make use of it in any meaningful sense via a route. Getting it to throw via a route is too inconsistent due to the small window for throwing the ball, the ball must be throw normal / lob in order to use a route, and half the time the WR is just going to react to the ball. When he doesn't react to the ball, and he actually runs his route, then the DB is going to react to the ball, under cut the WR and make a play/pick on the ball. It's one of the primary reasons why you throw straight routes only when you see a man beat, and why a vast majority of passes in Madden are bullet passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »