Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #41
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

I won't go that far, but I will say that my purchasing this game hinges on a spectacular demo experience.

This year, I just don't have that "I've got to have this game" feeling...even if that means not playing NFL football for a year...However, I do get that feeling from NCAA after playing the demo.

EA, make me want this game. Put out an awesome demo.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #42
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

sigh (facepalm). Seriously, how in the world do you have 365 days and it still happens?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #43

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Locomotion looked good IMO but, that game should have went into OT.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I won't go that far, but I will say that my purchasing this game hinges on a spectacular demo experience.

This year, I just don't have that "I've got to have this game" feeling...even if that means not playing NFL football for a year...However, I do get that feeling from NCAA after playing the demo.

EA, make me want this game. Put out an awesome demo.
Since Madden and NCAA are very similar games, is it the presentation that makes you have that feeling of playing NCAA a lot more, or is it knowing there is much more features once you actually get the game. I am just surprised someone thinks how much differently the two games are, from a gameplay aspect.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #45
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Since Madden and NCAA are very similar games, is it the presentation that makes you have that feeling of playing NCAA a lot more, or is it knowing there is much more features once you actually get the game. I am just surprised someone thinks how much differently the two games are, from a gameplay aspect.
I think it's a combination of both--I'm a fan of NFL, but I like college football too (since I went to NC State, I love building them up to a national powerhouse)...and I just think that the Dynasty feature will be much more functional than the Franchise feature in Madden...the presentation seems better from what I've seen, and, with there being little or no difference in actual gameplay, I'd just rather spend my $60 on the game that I think will hold my interest better--the more fleshed out, superior dynasty mode. Last years Franchise didn't really make me want to play for more than 3 seasons...I haven't bought NCAA since 09, but that year I played at least 10 seasons....now, this could all change if the madden demo blows me away with respect to presentation...but I still think that dynasty will be much better than Franchise. So that'll probably be what I get.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7
Why are these sports games $60 every year?? Doesnt make a lot a sense to pay full price for minor upgraded games.. Just a thought..
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I think it's a combination of both--I'm a fan of NFL, but I like college football too (since I went to NC State, I love building them up to a national powerhouse)...and I just think that the Dynasty feature will be much more functional than the Franchise feature in Madden...the presentation seems better from what I've seen, and, with there being little or no difference in actual gameplay, I'd just rather spend my $60 on the game that I think will hold my interest better--the more fleshed out, superior dynasty mode. Last years Franchise didn't really make me want to play for more than 3 seasons...I haven't bought NCAA since 09, but that year I played at least 10 seasons....now, this could all change if the madden demo blows me away with respect to presentation...but I still think that dynasty will be much better than Franchise. So that'll probably be what I get.
Oh, ok fair enough. Wasn't sure if there was something gameplay-wise in the NCAA 11 that blew you away over the Madden 11 videos. I agree with you though, that NCAA 11 has much better game modes than Madden, although not too sure yet on presentation. NCAA 11's announcing is pretty stale, and optimistic on Madden 11's, but hasn't blown me away yet, like I was hoping. Personally, I am a much bigger NFL fan, so I usually get Madden over NCAA no matter what, but will rent NCAA for a few weeks while waiting to get Madden if it's a good game. Last year's NCAA, I couldn't even play more than a half without turning it off, because of how bad it was. Now, with this demo I have played about 15 games. It made such a big leap forward, whereas Madden made a smaller leap forward because it was such a better game last year.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #48
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

Normally I'd be getting Madden too...I've only owned 2 copies of NCAA...04 and 09, I think...but the demo for NCAA 11 has been phenomenal...at least in my opinion. That's why I'm waiting for the demo of Madden...maybe it'll change my mind. But, unlike previous years, this year they HAVE to change my mind for me to buy it, not me having a mindset of "I'm getting Madden. I hope it's good."

But all signs point to the gameplay being pretty much identical between the two games, so I THINK that isn't really an issue...it's more along the lines of, "What will I have more fun with? Dynasty, which has been improving pretty much yearly, or Franchise, which I didn't have fun with last year and won't be fun this year?"

To each their own. I hope Madden is great, but I'm tempering my optimism this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »