Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #57
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
smh ea, take that breaking out of the jaws of life BS out.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
The tackling needs a complete overhaul.
QFT, maybe next year.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #59
DickDalewood

OVR:

Lol awesome. Nice run!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol awesome. Nice run!
what are you "lol"ing about?

and what is awesome?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 18

Pursuit angles mean NOTHING if you are not allowed to take down the ball carrier when you reach him.

Lack of consecutive-hit tackles is Madden's biggest weakness obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Pursuit angles mean NOTHING if you are not allowed to take down the ball carrier when you reach him.

Lack of consecutive-hit tackles is Madden's biggest weakness obviously.
Exactly, it's not like this is an unknown problem. It's a glaring problem that everyone in the commmunity and the developers know about.

They said they dedicated every resource to game-play, yet in a sim-based football games we still have the same broken tackle engine. I'm not sure guys, but I think the tackle engine has a pretty big impact on the gameplay of a sim football game.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #63
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Lol @ the overreactions...Duped again!!!
It looks like the two tacklers from the backside hit each other and the other one tried to stand Bush up and failed (that, i am questioning, but don't know who the guy is...) The actual problem is that when three guys hit Reggie Bush (not Micheal Turner) he should go down from the impact alone, not power through, even if it is bad tackling.
Yea, and people are so used to skating that whenever they see Madden, its an assumption because movement in general hasn't changed. To me there seems to be a lack of sliding. The faster speed doesn't help, neither does the lack of player weight/shifting.
While I don't get the one detail and a time approach, if they added some sort of physics/weight (even a new engine overall) to the players to go with locomotion, we might have a game....at least its starting to feel like football based on the college demo...just my .02

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Lol @ the overreactions...Duped again!!!
It looks like the two tacklers from the backside hit each other and the other one tried to stand Bush up and failed (that, i am questioning, but don't know who the guy is...) The actual problem is that when three guys hit Reggie Bush (not Micheal Turner) he should go down from the impact alone, not power through, even if it is bad tackling.
Yea, and people are so used to skating that whenever they see Madden, its an assumption because movement in general hasn't changed. To me there seems to be a lack of sliding. The faster speed doesn't help, neither does the lack of player weight/shifting.
While I don't get the one detail and a time approach, if they added some sort of physics/weight (even a new engine overall) to the players to go with locomotion, we might have a game....at least its starting to feel like football based on the college demo...just my .02
I really doubt it, when you run into a teammate in madden you don't fall down. Teammates are protected by invisible force-fields. The current Madden engine has *friendly fire* implemented, where is your collision with a teammate doesn't trigger a motion capture/collision animations like it would if you impacted an opponent. In regards to teammate to teammate collisions, madden is totally unrealistic, and it mimics what you see in first person shooters with friendly fire on. In case you don't know it disables you from being able to harm or shoot your teammate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »