Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:02 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Don't Kick It To Reggie Bush (OS @ E3)

The good thing about the video is that it confirms for me why I won't be buying Madden again this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #66
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I really doubt it, when you run into a teammate in madden you don't fall down. Teammates are protected by invisible force-fields. The current Madden engine has *friendly fire* implemented, where is your collision with a teammate doesn't trigger a motion capture/collision animations like it would if you impacted an opponent. In regards to teammate to teammate collisions, madden is totally unrealistic, and it mimics what you see in first person shooters with friendly fire on. In case you don't know it disables you from being able to harm or shoot your teammate.
I disagree...well partly. On offense and player movement there's the law defying force field, but on tackles I've seen differently, mostly because of Pro-Tak. While tackles need a great deal of work, if you look at the video you can see the timing there and appropriate reactions as if they'd bounced mostly off each other.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 06-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #67
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
I'm not one to usually pile on with something like this, but I just can't deny that this clip looks like the same old Madden. I know it's just one short clip, so I'm not going to make a lot of it, but it looks so much like last year. They even have the same canned flip into the endzone animation at the end of the run. Ugh! I wish Backbreaker would fix their issues and really push Madden to do something. IMO it's the only EA game that isn't seriously trying to move forward.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 AM   #68
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

That break tackle animation happened a lot in '10. I really don't mind it, but I think it happens too often with the wrong players. I played a lot with every team, and Bush would constantly break out of gang tackles. I think the problem is that his ELU rating is really high. Those types of broken tackles should be more common with guys who have a higher TRK ratinga and are harder to tackle. ELU should be reserved for what Bush did at the end of the run.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 AM   #69
Pro

rooney8's Arena

They have realised that they need to write all new code for franchise mode. I wonder how long it will take them to realise they got to do that for the whole game.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #70
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
They have realised that they need to write all new code for franchise mode. I wonder how long it will take them to realise they got to do that for the whole game.
Agreed...I'm baffled to see this stuff, really I am. The sooner they realise they need a complete new engine for this game the better! There is just so much stuff broken or not working correctly that they will never be able to correct things here and there...just do everything from scratch!

Every year it's the same story, empty promises...I mean, this year they redid the lighting model, but didn't add progressive ligthing...does that even make sense? Now some people on these forums think they will add progressive lighting next year, bwahahahaha...the joke is on you! Next year we will just get the same response: us: "Ian are progressive lighting in this year?"...Ian: "no we've got bigger fish to fry"

it's the same thing happening year in, year out
I'm going to take a guess, next year with Madden 12, we are going to get blogs and all kinds of excitement about the new franchise mode features. But will again end up with a game that has major gameplay flaws, franchise stats not working correctly, same stupid presentation (because remember they redid presentation this year, only one aspect of the game can be improved every year, nothing more...no, nothing more), still no tv style broadcast, and let me guess...and I'll bet my life on this, that even with the completey recoded franchise next year, that it will still not have all the features the franchise mode of Madden NFL 06 had.

It's a pity the 11 year old sheep are buying this game, if it wasn't for the casual kindergarden gamers I'm sure Madden would've been a total failure sales wise.

I mean really, it just doesn't make sense that this team are struggling so much getting anything 100% correct in the game while in "that game we do not speak off" the developers got the majority right...how come?

EA should just stop trying to be cool, and add stuff that they think will be cool! Just watch the one NFL game after the other, and make the game look exactly like it, it cannot be that hard?

and to those going to bash me, saying I don't know how difficult it is...bull, I'm a developer myself and did courses in 3D as well as game developemnt.

This EA Team lacks commitment, passion and drive.

I'm not hating, just frustrated. I do believe Ian and his team can get the job done, but I feel they seriously need to rethink their approach.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 AM   #71
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

The main feature this year is a glorified "Ask Madden." I'll probably get slammed for trolling..but that's what it seems like to me. Every video I've seen so far still has suction blocking..I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I'm not trolling..I'm just giving my opinion...check my record on OS. I'm just really feeling disgusted about Madden from everything I've seen and heard so far. It needs to be torn down and built up. It will never work as long as you all are just patching it and building on the same thing. If it takes two years that's ok. The only problem is that the powers that be at EA will NEVER let it take two years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #72
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

still looks like they're running in slow motion. how can the devs not see this?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »