Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #289
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

The CPU snaps the ball wayyyyyy too fast.

Need to tone it down so we will have time to adjust the defense.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #290
Pro

OVR: 11

Can anyone with the demo confirm that the broadcast angle is playable in the demo this year? Just curious and much thanks.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #291
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Couple more observations.

It seems that to cut down of crossing routes and over the middle passes they have given MLB's incredible jumping and swatting ability. Few games i've played the LB definitely jumped and swatted passes that would have been completed in Madden 10.

WR's definitely are aware of the sidelines which is a welcome change from previous maddens. But one weird thing was I saw this animation get triggered on a pass that was 15 yards over the WR head with no chance of catching it. But the WR animation triggered and he got his toes down and put arms out like he was cradling a catch that was Well above his head. (looked weird)

Definitely getting more pressure and sacks on the QB (unlike alot of people here). In M10 when you would touch the QB he would throw a lame duck, M11 definitely has cut down on that. After reading this thread I'm going to try to be more observant if it's the player I'm controlling or only the cpu DL that's getting the sacks but the pocket does collapse and the QB's are getting sacked for sure.

I like how when running a sweep if you try to change directions with the RB to say cut back, he has to lose momentum before changing direction, really looks realistic, but I'm just going to have to get use to it.

Kicking meter seems like a trip to the past before analog thumpads.... I don't get it, and maybe i'm in the minority but it's made kicking easier.

Why did they take out player isolation on defense, when playing Randy Moss or A.P. it was nice to make sure the defense isolated on him. It seems that you can't focus the defense into shutting down a particular player anymore. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by xylocaine; 07-27-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #292
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Not sure but to me turn off means exactly that TURN OFF as in no adjustments. I don't take turn off to mean revert to old way of doing it.

it doesn't revert it it just takes the icon out the left corner of the screen. This might be one of the dumbest things they could have done to madden. Why fix something that wasn't broken. They made this move so that noobes can have everything in one spot and straight disrespect. Pre snap adjustments is the number factor into stopping routes and adjusting on the fly. It shouldn't take me 10- 15 seconds to bump and run my DBS, spread my D line out, and shift my LB's. It took 5 sec max to do that in old maddens.

I don't see anything here that's getting me hype to buy the game base on the demo this is Madden 10.5 at best

NCAA is killing Madden this year from what im seeing so far

Last edited by kc10785; 07-27-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #293
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Best Madden game I have ever played. << It's as simple as that
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #294
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I've gotten so used to NCAA's dynamic zooming camera that Madden's camera seems like I am sooooo far away from the action. I don't like it. But that's a first impression.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm loving the game and as we all know its just a demo, Not the final build. So like it or dont play it EA is still getting my money. I'm liking it all around and its is going to be a fun game to play till Madden 12 drops. Way to go Gus, Your a breath of fresh air and bring a new feel to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #296
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
You have confirmed this because you have the final version of the game already right?
Actually, some people do have the actual game, already

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »