Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #313
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I feel a major difference between last years game and this years game. I'm also tired of everyone complaining about the strategy pad. It's really not that hard to get used to. Maybe if you're going back and forth between playing NCAA and Madden then it can be frustrating but come on. This is the most realistic Madden game I've ever played and I can say that by just playing one game of the demo.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #314
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Ugh, I hate the Jets and all their dang blitzing. I like the fact they play like they do in real life though.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #315
Pro

OVR: 11

Anyone with the demo....can you confirm if you have the option of a broadcast playable camera on the demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #316
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I feel a major difference between last years game and this years game. I'm also tired of everyone complaining about the strategy pad. It's really not that hard to get used to. Maybe if you're going back and forth between playing NCAA and Madden then it can be frustrating but come on. This is the most realistic Madden game I've ever played and I can say that by just playing one game of the demo.
Rly? After ONE game in a DEMO? Most realistic Madden game to date? The beauty of those statements is this.....Everyone has differant opinions/expectations...Its finding that happy medium that we will never ever see.

With all due respect, outside of Locomotion and Gameflow...There is not much there, for me anyway. And thats important since I am the one who has to decide to buy it....As of now, I am very content to wait for however long it may be until several people here, who i value their opinions, have had extensive time with it and if there are going to be any patches released in a timely fashion.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #317
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the game i came to grips that NCAA 11 is much better but since i got the game for 40 i cant complain too much. i wouldnt pay 60 for it.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #318
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17

When you have no competition, what you see is what you get. They have the name and the NFL license.. The majority will buy it no matter what including myself. I'm a sucker and need a yearly football game. I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat. But lets be honest here, what incentive to they have to fine tune the game? I mean the first 2 words in the tagline for this season are "Simpler. Quicker." .. They weren't lying.

I thought Madden 10 was a step in the right direction but it seems like they just rushed this one out to begin work on Madden 12. The MLB The Show series has spoiled me on what I think next generation presentation should look like. The look, the feel of that game, the fact that someone could walk in and stare at the TV for 5 minutes without realizing it's a video game... That's what I expect. Graphic wise, this game doesn't look any different than Madden 09 and from the demo, it doesn't play anywhere near as solid as NCAA 11.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #319
MVP

OVR: 18

After playing the demo adusting the speed to normal, using gameflow and using the strategy pad; I have to say the videos don't do Madden 11 any justice. This game is much better than I expected and I am officially "uber" excited for my retail copy.

Locomotion (it feels just right, not over or under done on normal speed).

Gameflow (very cool, and perfect for those who just want to move from play to play).

Coordinator (not annoying as expected, pretty immersive actually).

Transititions from play to play much better (the game just flows better from down to down).

Commentators (again better when actually playing, Gus surprised me a few times with his exhuberance).

*Another plus for me was how nicely commentary went from play to a replay; and so far each replay was nicely done.

*I didn't have many penalties, but there was a nice replay as the referee was calling the penalty, replay was showing it while you chose to accept or decline.

These are just a few of my impressions and I cannot wait to play more.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #320
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, I mentioned ian cumming in a tweet and bashed the strategy pad and I realized about 15 minutes later I wasn't following him. I go to follow him and it says he blocked me from following him. Really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »