Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #297
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

I hope they eventually put strategies onto the 'strategy' pad ala FIFA offsides trap etc. Right now its just the same old alignment adjustments.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #298
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I will help SB out. Hope he doesn't mind

He posted the text but here is the link:

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...w_gameplanning
Thanks man

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #299
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

I forgot to change the level to All-Pro so I played my first game on Pro. I guess the only things I was having problems with were my running game with Addai, and throwing over the middle was way too easy. Dallas Clark had like 237 yds receiving and 2 TDs. Maybe it's just because it was on Pro, idk.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #300
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_Khaos7
2 presentation complaints:

1. Sup with the crowd noise? Every play they get quiet, then erupt as soon as the ball is snapped. It's VERY distracting, and totally kills whatever atmosphere they were going for with all the stadium effects, music, chants, etc. Hopefully this is just a demo problem cause it's annoying.

2. The presentation cutscenes are SO hitchy, and very videogame looking. The players don't look natural at all constantly vibrating among other things.
Mainly because it is a demo and they had to greatly downsize the game so it could be faster to download. Trust me the final version of the game will be alot better then the demo is. The ncaa 11 demo was not as good the final version was. That's the same way with madden11. So no worries here.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #301
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ok got the mic working finally........

Game flow is alright......but I still use open playbook and pick my own damn plays. Don't like the way they changed how you do hot routes and pre-snap stuff. Hell I thought this year theme was suppose to be simple ? Instead they add extra stuff you have to do just to do pre-snap and hot routes.

That zoom out thing on passing and running really needs to be PATCHED. Why the hell do they zoom out so far like that ? I missed an easy TD pass because of that. Being the camera zooms out so far, I thought the guy was way deeper down the field then he really was and over throw him by a good 15 yards out the back of the end zone.

Passing over the middle is more hard this year, mainly because of the zoom out thing and how damn high LB's can jump in this game. In the demo version at least, the atmosphere in this game is LACKING.

Some of the player models are very thin as though they haven't eaten in months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #302
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Skyboxer, you are just being counterproductive here man. This thread is for impressions and quite frankly if people want to describe the strategy pad as a gamekiller (for the demo mind you) then let them. Gameflow IS the big feature this year as well and from the looks of it, it's not really needed at all. If the Jordan feature is useless in NBA2K or Real Time Presentation was 'not worth it' in The Show, we'd hear the same thing.
Informing people that something that is being called a gamekiller is possibly an OPTION and can be turned off is counter productive??
Maybe to those with an infatuation of complaining and crying the sky is falling... Otherwise I fail to see how it's counter productive.

Even if it can't be and is there regardless dosn't warrant a gamekiller scream... It's just something new you have to get used to.
Stop telling EA that Madden is stale if, when they make a change, you're going to act like someone stole your Chucky Cheese coins and scream WHY!!!!...

To each their own. It is a nice to come out here every once and awhile to get a reminder why I don't come out here often.
Sorry to take the thread off track... I'll be leaving now

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #303
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

A few random questions:

1. How many & types of camera options will this game have? Will it have a fully user customizable camera ala 2k8?

2. What's the best way to get a user sack? Dive at the QB by hitting X or hit down on the right stick?

3. How do you showboat before scoring?

Gracias
Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #304
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

For some reason I am finding it easier to identify the holes when running in this demo than in other versions of Madden I have played. I kind of like the new flow options and the demo AI called a decent game for me. I can see this making the game more accessible for different levels of players and may open up the online portion a bit. Overall I am pretty happy with the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »