Home

Madden's Curse struck already?

This is a discussion on Madden's Curse struck already? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #25
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden's Curse struck already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
We need Glenn Beck and his chalkboard to show us the relation between BP and Madden, lol.........
The second Glenn Beck shows up here, I'm out.

Are we really talking about the BP oil spill as being a result of the Madden curse? Really?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Dorsey Levens was on the 2000 PAL version cover and never got cursed at all
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
Dorsey Levens was on the 2000 PAL version cover and never got cursed at all
From Levens' Wikipedia:
Quote:
He gained 1,000 yards for the Packers in the 1999 season, but was mostly used in a reserve role after that.Levens was featured on the cover of EA Sports Madden NFL 2000 in the PAL editions. As a result, he is viewed as one of the first victims of the "Madden Curse".
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
The second Glenn Beck shows up here, I'm out.

Are we really talking about the BP oil spill as being a result of the Madden curse? Really?

Chill out, it was a joke....

Quote:
a madden video game didn't cause the oil spill. The oil spill was caused by BP using cheap materials on the drill and choosing not to undergo repairs as a way to cut costs and maintain their production revenue.
You too.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Move on from oil spill talk and stick to the topic

No more warnings
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 24

The real "curse" would be if there's news that Brees is injured during training camp or whenever.

Yes, Fitz was spared last year, but Troy was not.

And yes, Ray Lewis got hurt the year he appeared on the cover, to clear up any doubt.

Favre was injured, but kept it a secret till after the year he played on the Jets.

Make of it what you will, but there are some players who actually refused to be on the cover due to their superstitions......
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
joec63 - that's what people who say there is no curse say but that's too many coincidences. I mean look at some of the people on that list, all injury free or no major injuries anyways and then they're on the cover and BOOM! They're injured or suffer some other horrid misfortune.
I love how you list all those years and say they are reasons why there is a Madden curse.

Quote:
Since then, much like the Sports Illustrated Cover Jinx, certain players who appeared on Madden video game box art have experienced a decline in performance, usually due to an injury.
Like how Favre took the Vikings all the way to the NFC championship game last year. What a curse. I like how the Ray Lewis "curse" is also very flimsy. Oh, he didn't make an interception and his wrist got hurt. that's it? Ray Ray is still one of the better LBs in football. Some curse. Fitz didn't want to go to the Pro bowl because his ribs hurt. OH NOS!!! [waves arms wildly in the air.]

You know, i wasn't a believer in the Madden curse until 2006 when EA put out that Alternate collector's edition cover for Bills fans of Kevin Everet out only weeks before... oh wait, this is a dangerous game. It's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Things like the madden curse are extreme example of Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc, which states, "Since that event followed this one, that event must have been caused by this one."
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 33

I don't like it when people tell other people that their argument has a logical fallacy . . . when it's a curse.

Obviously, the supernatural need not abide by the primitive, human notions of logic.

Also, Saints are doomed this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »