Home

Madden's Curse struck already?

This is a discussion on Madden's Curse struck already? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden's Curse struck already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I love how you list all those years and say they are reasons why there is a Madden curse.

Like how Favre took the Vikings all the way to the NFC championship game last year. What a curse. I like how the Ray Lewis "curse" is also very flimsy. Oh, he didn't make an interception and his wrist got hurt. that's it? Ray Ray is still one of the better LBs in football. Some curse. Fitz didn't want to go to the Pro bowl because his ribs hurt. OH NOS!!! [waves arms wildly in the air.]
But the Curse is about how they perform that year. How was Favre with the Jets the year he was on the cover?

And yes, it's a violent game and dozens of players get hurt. Brady got hurt without being on the cover. But most guys that go on the cover have been playing at an elite level for several years and suffer an injury and/or drop-off in production the year they grace the cover.

It's a curse, it's not about logic or fact. It's irrational, it's about knee jerk reaction and wild specualtion and all the things that make sports fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 01:55 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
This is overkill, making a joke of that oil spill, all the environmental damage, animals killed and peoples livelhood ruined.
An oil spill that is being cleaned up, that (hopefully) will be fully capped and sealed soon. It wasn't meant to make light of the real suffering that came from the spill, and I'm sorry you took it that way. It just struck me as an odd coincidence after I looked in to it, and I shared that thought.

Next time I'll end the post "too soon?".

Next year the cover will be the NFL logo, and we'll have a strike as the curse.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefangrey
An oil spill that is being cleaned up, that (hopefully) will be fully capped and sealed soon. It wasn't meant to make light of the real suffering that came from the spill, and I'm sorry you took it that way. It just struck me as an odd coincidence after I looked in to it, and I shared that thought.

Next time I'll end the post "too soon?".

Next year the cover will be the NFL logo, and we'll have a strike as the curse.
So if a guy gets killed in new Orleans it's the Madden curse, the whole curse thing is just ridiculous in the first place, we don't live in the middle ages anymore. Secondly it's pretty weak to grasp at any event that is somewhat associated with the player. New Orleans wasn't the only city or area affected by this tragic event. Drew breeze wasn't the person most affected by this event.

Also since we already see people grasping at straws, what are we going have people posting next year. If there is a mass murder in the same state as the player on the cover it must be related to the curse. It's just as ridiculous as this one, sorry.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Brady wasnt on the cover in 08 my point?? he didnt need to be on the friggin madden cover to get injured!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010gunnabethe4ring
lol I do not believe in the "madden curse" even know it has hit every single player on the cover.

So I would still suspect brees will get hurt some how, its kinda wierd really, I mean it has happened to every player.
I think this crap is just plain stupid if you honestly believe some piece of **** plastic box with a cd in it that has a picture of someone on it will cause someone to be injured 5-6 months later you really need to get out more and get your head out of the freakin clouds. sorry for the attitude but this crap is just getting a little bit stupid a plastic game causing an oil spill....If anything caused the oil spill it was our corrupted government not a freakin videogame. grow up op
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

more then likely just a coincidence. i mean they are playing football the most dangerous and physical sport. so they are bound to get hurt sometime. you are going to get banged up and hurt every year its just that some can play through the pain better then others.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike32v2
I think this crap is just plain stupid if you honestly believe some piece of **** plastic box with a cd in it that has a picture of someone on it will cause someone to be injured 5-6 months later you really need to get out more and get your head out of the freakin clouds. sorry for the attitude but this crap is just getting a little bit stupid a plastic game causing an oil spill....If anything caused the oil spill it was our corrupted government not a freakin videogame. grow up op
i believe the oil rig blew up and killed like 11 people or something, and this explosion is what cause the leak. so i hardly see how blaming it on our "corrupted government" really makes sense here. it seems that everytime there is any kind of tragedy that people just automatically think that there was some kind of government conspiracy. but anyway probably getting a bit off topic here lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #48
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

We're done now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »