Home

I finally gave Madden a chance, and I love it... Madden 10, that is

This is a discussion on I finally gave Madden a chance, and I love it... Madden 10, that is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #41
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I finally gave Madden a chance, and I love it... Madden 10, that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Sound like your buddy isn't a sim player.
LOL. He is the type that will see exactly what he can get away with, unnoticed, but once you call him out, he stops.

However, I look at "his kind" and worse as symptoms of a bigger problem, that the rules are not enforced in-game, through penalties. Players and coaches in the NFL wouldn't play "sim", meaning according to the rules, if they didn't get penalized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, I stopped playing in November.

Was the defense actually upgraded to the point where it's realistic and not through DBs that know almost every route being run against them and LBs that can jump up and swat passes going to receivers 10+ yards behind them?
Well, I don't go out and tell people to go out and purchase the game. I do tell them to give it a rent and then they can decide. DJwolfpak has privately thanked me for suggesting to take another look at the game.

All I can tell you is that zone defense, flats defense and pursuit angles have been greatly enhanced since the last title update. I don't notice the swats by LB's as much, either.

TLC, sorry the game hasn't improved from 2010 to 2011 for you. I don't think changing sliders for both sides, penalties and sub patterns will enhance your experience.

I almost traded Madden in, but the latest defensive title update encouraged me to give it another chance. So far, I haven't been disappointed with that choice.

Last edited by roadman; 01-01-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I traded my copy in around September. Over the holidays, I rented it to play against my relatives that were visiting and to check out the final patch.

Madden 11 just isn't greatly improved to me. The animations look better but it is still out of balance. I played about 3 games with my family, 5 minute quarters. Every game had both players going over 100 yards rushing, and there was 1 punt total the whole night.

I'll try the sliders and go against the cpu today, but I don't expect the results to be much different. I never have any trouble moving the ball in this game.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I traded my copy in around September. Over the holidays, I rented it to play against my relatives that were visiting and to check out the final patch.

Madden 11 just isn't greatly improved to me. The animations look better but it is still out of balance. I played about 3 games with my family, 5 minute quarters. Every game had both players going over 100 yards rushing, and there was 1 punt total the whole night.

I'll try the sliders and go against the cpu today, but I don't expect the results to be much different. I never have any trouble moving the ball in this game.
You will with sliders, especially sliders in this forum. I can't get over 100 yds with Brandon Jackson. We both know that's normal with Jackson.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

the game is fun but i don't understand how the tackling gets a pass. the dive rolling players have got to go.

i don't know what happened from 10 to 11 but it is horrible to watch a player escape a tackle because your other defenders can have no impact on the play.

in regards to tackling the series has gone back to the days of the players falling backwards when more than one defender would attempt a tackle.

tackling should have been a priority especially since it is an essential part of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »