Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Video of Madden 12 Gameplay on ESPN First Take

Madden is like a super hot chick with nothing going on much upstairs.. if you know what a mean. Madden looks great and pretty but its programing and hard wiring is dumb as rocks...
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #34
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I've seen that "type" of tackle before on Madden 10. It was nothing new, but that wasn't really my point. My only point was that it wasn't a "consecutive hit" tackle. The defenders both latched onto the ball carrier at the same time. That was a typical Pro-tak type 2man gang hu... I mean tackle lol.

A "consecutive hit tackle would be one after the other where you see the effect that both hits or wrap up, or what ever, has on the runner. There is little doubt in my mind that if a 3rd defender were foolish enough to try and add on to that tackle that he would have been dropped like a $3 bill.

Whether there was any suction on that or not, I can't tell. Maybe there wasn't. Like I said, my point wasn't really that I have seen that particular tackle, or play previously, although I'm pretty sure I have. My point was simply that whether that was a new tackle scenario or an old one, it wasn't a "consecutive hit" tackle. That's all.
I actually did understand and agree with that point. That's why I said "co-op" tackle instead of consecutive hit tackle. That's my fault for quoting that post because it was shorter but I directed the question to you based on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Unfortunately, I too, saw too much of the same old.

Good to see that they at least paid a modicum of attention to their, in my opinion, terrible player models, but they have a long road to hoe on that front.

Animations looked status quo, which is to say, lackluster. Would be disappointed if I didn't already expect that to be the case. The transition from the scramble to the throw animation was pretty well done though.

Wish the lighting was like NCAA.

I also didn't see the new grass, but maybe it just isn't in this build used for the sneak peak.

Didn't see any new tackles, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't doing the NCAA, no suction thing as well. We'll see I guess.

Overall, nothing really of note was on display, but that could be because it was a quick sample of an early build. Could also mean that what you see is what you get. Again, we'll see.
That's my bad for not being more clear on why I asked that. Just wanted feedback from people who might have a different POV than me on the tackle.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #35
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I did like the TD Celebration flow right from the actual play. Vick's throwing motion looked good. I do agree it does look a little choppy to me.

I guess Hillis won the contest since they already showed Vick footage and are probably saving the Hillis clips for later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #36
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Bottomline I know everyone has their opinon on this game. Mine is it does look a little rough around the edges right now. I like the presentation intro and Vicks throwing looks pretty good. But the game is still been tuned and it is very hard to get a good feel over gameplay with less then 10 seconds of gameplay overall. Once the videos and blogs come out we can get a better feel of how the game is coming along. I know some people feel it's the same old stuff and so on. I'm not going to disagree. But it's just me. I still play madden 11 and love it. The only thing I'm not happy about with madden 11 was the franchise mode. Beyond that madden 11 was good for me. But again madden 12 is still in the process of been tuned and it is hard to judge from 10 seconds of gameplay. I will wait until tomorrow to get a better idea on how good the gameplay is this year.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-27-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #37
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bottomline I know everyone has their opinon on this game. Mine is it does look a little rough around the edges right now. I like the presentation intro and Vicks throwing looks pretty good. But the game is still been tuned and it is very hard to get a good feel over gameplay with less then 10 seconds of gameplay overall. Once the videos and blogs come out we can get a better feel of how the game is coming along. I know some people feel it's the same old stuff and so on. I'm not going to disagree. But it's just me. I still play madden 11 and love it. The only thing I'm not happy about with madden 11 was the franchise mode. Beyond that madden 11 was good for me. But again madden 12 is still in the process of been tuned and it is hard to judge the gameply from 10 seconds of gameplay. I will wait until tomorrow to get a better idea on how good the gameplay is this year.
LK i agree with you, I enjoyed Madden 11 a ton and look forward to 12. I am too just hoping for a better franchise mode and upgraded presentation to each game and to franchise mode itself.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #38
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bottomline I know everyone has their opinon on this game. Mine is it does look a little rough around the edges right now. I like the presentation intro and Vicks throwing looks pretty good. But the game is still been tuned and it is very hard to get a good feel over gameplay with less then 10 seconds of gameplay overall. Once the videos and blogs come out we can get a better feel of how the game is coming along. I know some people feel it's the same old stuff and so on. I'm not going to disagree. But it's just me. I still play madden 11 and love it. The only thing I'm not happy about with madden 11 was the franchise mode. Beyond that madden 11 was good for me. But again madden 12 is still in the process of been tuned and it is hard to judge from 10 seconds of gameplay. I will wait until tomorrow to get a better idea on how good the gameplay is this year.

I am in the same boat. Still enjoy Madden 2011. My favorite Madden next to 2005 and 2007. It lacks what you said and many of us die hard long time pioneer Madden fans want. Deep and immersive franchise mode with steller presentation. Tomorrow will be a decent measure of where the game is going this year.

I am getting quite optimistic about 2012 and have a decent feeling I will be a buyer. I have not bought Madden 3 consecutive years since 2003 - 2005. And this feels very similar. 2003 was a good first step, 2004 made another nice stride and then 2005 it all came together. I liken that to 2010, 2011 and the upcoming 2012.

2010 was a nice step (and my first next gen Madden) 2011 refined the gameplay of 2010 big time. 2012 should be the year Franchise mode takes that big step we have been waiting for.

Think about it. Madden 2001 and 2002 were pretty crappy compared to 2003 and 2004. On the new gen 2008 and 2009 were trainwrecks compared to 2010 and 2011.

I see a pattern with dev cycles here.

2012 should be a great year for EA football.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #39
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To me, I could care less what the terminology is.(no offense)

I just didn't see it enough in years past.

We're on the same page with that. The tackling appears to still be lacking which is all I care about.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #40
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

From what I could see from the defensive side of the ball is there still don't seem to be any good pass rushing going on. It seems that the RE was just playing hand slaps with the LT. I want to see a bullrush and a lot more agressive player trying to get to the QB. This is what still concerns me this year like it has in the past few years of madden so far. Madden crew plz tune the freaking pass rush.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-27-2011 at 03:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »