Home

Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

This is a discussion on Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #73
Rookie

BuffaloBull7's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

I will not miss The Extra Point one bit. It was horrible!! So generic and basic when it could of been Amazing. Wasted things like this are not needed in the game. If the product is not ready yet do not release it. The Extra Point was not done when it was released.
WON'T BE BEAT
Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
They could just as easily leave it in until the new show is ready, that's the whole point.

No Show -> Poorly done show -> Better show is not as bad as

No Show -> Poorly done show -> No Show -> Better show

Eventually putting a new show in doesn't necessitate taking out the current one.
Personally, I would like them to do what they just did. Admit they weren't happy with it and build a new one to their liking vs adding to what I thought was garbage in the first place.

Finally, as I stated before, to each their own.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #75
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

To the OP and anyone disappointed about the Extra Point being removed, a little info. I posted this in another thread a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I don't know if you read the NCAA 12 previews or not but some said that game has a video highlight montage with commentary after every quarter. Also a mention of Erin Andrews doing a halftime wrap up or something but no actual show. They haven't shown a video of it yet which may be because they are still tuning it. So we can probably at least expect something on that level from Madden 12 if not something better.

My guess is that in Franchise we will probably get an around the league weekly show with those video montage like highlights from various games. However, for play now games, we probably get what has been reported to be in NCAA 12.

Keep hope alive though because the fact NCAA 12 has not released any video on it might bode well for Madden 12 having something special in their videos later.

Stay tuned...
And this was posted from a Game Informer article recently about NCAA 12; "Highlight montages run at the end of the quarter, or analysts may break down the tape if your QB has thrown too many interceptions. This new contexual approach should help in more accurately telling the story for each game."

Put all that together and even without a show, halftime/game video highlights should be available with commentary breakdown. Also, hopefully we will be able to watch the video montage with commentary from other games each week in franchise. If not, we probably can actually save each user controlled teams video highlight montage with commentary each week in franchise mode and create yearly highlight reels with commentary that tells the story of each user team's entire season. That's HOT!

Then, people that are willing to let the CPU vs CPU teams actually PLAY their games, on screen, during franchise mode while the user just spectates, leaves the room or turns the channel, could save the montages from ALL franchise games and watch them each week. That would pretty much create a great franchise highlight montage with in-depth storylines, better than the Extra Point ever did, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 16
I agree with this move. Extra Point/Halftime was so poorly done that the only time I didnt X thru it was when I had to make a trip to the kitchen. I watched extra point maybe 3 times.

With the other announced improvements im very glad they spent development time on those before tackling these aspects of the game.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #77
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I agree with this move. Extra Point/Halftime was so poorly done that the only time I didnt X thru it was when I had to make a trip to the kitchen. I watched extra point maybe 3 times.

With the other announced improvements im very glad they spent development time on those before tackling these aspects of the game.
Agreed with this, pretty much exactly the same for me. The Extra Point had the right IDEA, but it was not implelnted well. There was no commentary during the highlights and basically nothing that made it worth watching every time.

Hopefully, franchise is at least to the point where next year, it wont need any major upgrades, and one of the big focuses for Madden 13 can be the rest of presentation, like highlight shows and commentating.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Agreed with this, pretty much exactly the same for me. The Extra Point had the right IDEA, but it was not implelnted well. There was no commentary during the highlights and basically nothing that made it worth watching every time.

Hopefully, franchise is at least to the point where next year, it wont need any major upgrades, and one of the big focuses for Madden 13 can be the rest of presentation, like highlight shows and commentating.
Exactly. I would much rather them tackle the core functions of the game (gameplay, franchise, etc) almost exclusively, then once all that is working well and correctly the next year can be tune-ups and beautification (presentation & "little things") and it looks to me like they're on the right track with 12
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #79
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
EA makes another Bad move for the madden franchise I think because halftime and weekly Extra Point Presentation was something i think many of use were expecting to get a huge boost after 3 years

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?
it was LAME

the voices were sooo Chopped up

plus they didnt seem to really seem Human

they didnt make a BIG deal if the Bills beat the Sainst 9upsets0

i hate how their are NO updates in the show of wh is leading the league , or having a career day , a injury etc.

i preferred the radio show they had in Madden 05 and 07
Old 05-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 4

I fully agree with the sentiment that Extra Point should be removed, but I wish less people would excuse EA out of doing at least something for half-time and weekly recaps. It seems like there's this constant "At least EA is focusing on this" refrain whenever EA disappoints in presentation.

We should insist on both gameplay and presentation. There's no reason why a company as big as EA (and with absolutely no competition) shouldn't have the resources to satisfy both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »