Home

Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

This is a discussion on Its 2011, get rid of that spin move... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #33
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
I understand perfectly....i just dont accept it
For future reference... The word "excuse" implies some sort of apology... I was making no apology for the developers, I was just explaining to you the way it is...

And besides, I was agreeing with you... The spin animation doesn't look right.

The more realistic these games get, the more any bad animation sticks out as looking way out of place. What you hope for is that function is taken into consideration above all else. The function of a spin move should be thought of first, if and when they do eventually rework this aspect of the game... What it does, when it is used... And once they get that part down, they should focus on how it looks... What actual animations to weave into the game.

If you think about it, it's a lot more complicated than it might seem at first. I mean, there really is no one spin move that you see on a regular basis. When you take into account the size and speed of a back, the different styles of runners, the situations where a spin move might be used... The variations that arise are seemingly endless.

Again, no apologies here... Just saying that's the way it is.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
For future reference... The word "excuse" implies some sort of apology... I was making no apology for the developers, I was just explaining to you the way it is...

And besides, I was agreeing with you... The spin animation doesn't look right.

The more realistic these games get, the more any bad animation sticks out as looking way out of place. What you hope for is that function is taken into consideration above all else. The function of a spin move should be thought of first, if and when they do eventually rework this aspect of the game... What it does, when it is used... And once they get that part down, they should focus on how it looks... What actual animations to weave into the game.

If you think about it, it's a lot more complicated than it might seem at first. I mean, there really is no one spin move that you see on a regular basis. When you take into account the size and speed of a back, the different styles of runners, the situations where a spin move might be used... The variations that arise are seemingly endless.

Again, no apologies here... Just saying that's the way it is.
Im not sure of anyone that would conclude that based on my posts, the primary definition of 'excuse' should be ignored and the second definition is the meaning to jump to. In any event.

And no, its not really complicated to add a realistic spin move to a game when you have the resources and technology they have. And just because something 'is' one way doesn't mean it has to be.

I get that you feel similarly about wanting improvement, but its quite clear to me you are much more receptive to the...umm 'obstacles' and 'barriers' EA insists slows Maddens development. Suffice it to say I am not.

Never been a fan of excuses, or excuses for excuses for that matter.

But we can agree to disagree. Besides, 'its just a videogame' right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »