Home

Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

This is a discussion on Its 2011, get rid of that spin move... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

I have always hates that unrealistic, glitchy twitchy spinmove that can be done with speed backs that covers like 5 yards, on a dime.

It has been in Madden since 04 maybe and its an eyesore amongst all the realistic additions and momentum based movement.

Also it is an abusable advantage because with that move, at the right angle momentum means nothing, you can pull it off on a whim while others chasing you are governed by locomotion.

Not to say there shouldnt be quick movements to replicate speed backs, but this move has to go IMO.

Am I alone on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Its 2011, get rid of that spin move...

Agreed, make it more than just hitting a button, make it more of an analog move or only allow certain style backs perform it with success.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
...Am I alone on this?
No I noticed that animation in one of the videos because it stood out as looking unnatural... As does a runner making a cutback... The way they kind of glide into another direction without losing much speed, if any at all...

Oh well, it is a video game... And most games have at least a few weird looking animations or transitions... Even the best ones.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
No I noticed that animation in one of the videos because it stood out as looking unnatural... As does a runner making a cutback... The way they kind of glide into another direction without losing much speed, if any at all...

Oh well, it is a video game... And most games have at least a few weird looking animations or transitions... Even the best ones.

I hear ya, but an excuse like that can be used towards anything in a game, thats why the "its a video game" excuse dont fly with me.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

The excuse may not 'fly with you' but it's a legit excuse. Madden is a video game and nothing is gonna be perfect. 'It's been in the since '04' it has, because Madden has bigger issues to attend to than the spin move that doesn't get but a few complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
I hear ya, but an excuse like that can be used towards anything in a game, thats why the "its a video game" excuse dont fly with me.
No one's making excuses. Just saying it's obviously very difficult to get everything to look exactly right, or else developers would be doing it already.

As long as the spin move isn't exploitable, I'm okay with it looking a little off. Put it on the very long "to do" list.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

you can use the stick to spin
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
No one's making excuses. Just saying it's obviously very difficult to get everything to look exactly right, or else developers would be doing it already.

As long as the spin move isn't exploitable, I'm okay with it looking a little off. Put it on the very long "to do" list.
Everything? All im talking about is a spin move that has been in the game for 7-8yrs. I never said i wanted Rome to be built in a day, but when the stiff arm,tackles, and jukes have had revisions, i didnt think i was asking much.

And it is an excuse to say "its just a video game" because that can be used for any aspect of a game. Ex: "replicate a tv broadcast? remove rocket-catch? c'mon its just a video game" or "momentum? go out and play real football, this is just for fun, its a video game"

Oh and it is exploitable. As i said before the specific 'whipping' spin move im talking about negated the momentum system in place while the defenders have to abide by it. Unstoppable, no, but exploitable? yes

Either we want a simulation or not and considering im not asking for a complete overhaul between now and August, i dont think im asking much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »