Home

Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #537
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Guys, let's get back to the thread topic please.

Thanks.
Sure thing.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #538
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Now this here is exactly the attitude people face. If you criticize the game for being sub par you are a 2K fan boy. Madden didn't stand a chance. Never mind that we are what, 7 years into a new gen, and the game still hasn't reached where it was with the prev gen. I'm smart enough to see it, and guess what, I never owned NFL2k. They never made it for the PC, so I always got madden instead. Then EA took Madden away from PC'ers. Red Dead Redemption not being on the PC finally forced me to go out and get a console, and Madden STILL hadn't gotten back to where it was WELL over half a decade ago. That's just the truth. Has nothing to do with whether madden was given a chance or not. EA/TIB didn't deliver.
I disagree. I hated Madden on previous gen. I prefer '11 to any previous gen version. Not that I really think '11 is that great.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #539
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Madden had no chance of succeeding with 2k lovers. That game was their everything and EA won the rights. The EA hate was formed. Madden 12 has the best presentation I have ever seen in a football game. I hope the new crew pops in here again and give the community a second chance.
I don't know about that. I got in arguments at work with "Maddenheads," I was such a 2k fanboy. Ian actually finally cured me. I did/do believe in him. Just had to temper my expectations. And, believe it or not, I wasn't trying to get into a peeing match with Pared. I know you, and most of the others in this thread want to have the developers do like the old days, I just don't see a scenario where it would work. It wasn't Ian's or Phil's fault. It was just reality. All of the above points are valid, about developers having thick skin, pinhead posters and how the forum changed over the course of the Madden interaction, in particular. In a perfect world folks would be nice and Madden would be the perfect game. I really think that Madden has a far better chance of achieving "perfection." And maybe that'll happen with the new guys in charge.

In a feeble attempt to bridge the gap and get back on topic, I feel that it was as much the sales loss as any better opportunity that led to the voluntary departure of Phil. I can only speculate, but it still makes no sense to me that if all were well in Tiburon land that either would leave. All we could see are the gaming site interviews. Nobody knew anything from that. It looked all "hunky-dory." No indication of impending departure. Now I've had my issues with my job, but I"ve got babies to feed. And according to Ian, Phil's not coming to Sham-Bow-Wow, or whatever it's called. Come now, I know we tend to get "chicken little" and "grassy-knoll" around these parts. But come on. Go do the PR circuit and come back and resign? Hmmm..... 2+2=3? Something ain't adding up.... And who will take over for Roy Harvey? How long will it take for the new super-sized gameplay team to impact core gameplay on both games? I want to know what Pasta knows.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #540
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Thanks.
Sorry. Was typing when you wrote this. But my ESP was working. Halfway through I heard a voice saying "back on topic!"

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #541
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I think it boils down to the fact that some people just don't know how to voice negative opinions, and some people don't know how to receive them. This is not exclusive to forums. I've seen grown men spew venom at teenagers in retail shops because they misunderstood a sale and thought they were getting ripped off. The teenager of course had nothing to do with that misunderstanding, but tempers flare and ignorance wins out, and an adult acts like a child because he feel he was lied to and absolutely destroys another humans day to make himself feel better...

Now, my point is, even though the 300 customers before this guy were polite, and chances are that the next 300 will he as well, that person is going to suffer from a residual feeling of negativity. They may even not want to come to work anymore.

Thanks to the anonymity ot the internet, this behavior becomes common, and all it takes is one bad apple...

I understand saying that default should have thick skin, but that should be for when people are saying that your product is inferior, not for when some A-hole calls them wastes of life, or personally attacks them. How many times did I read how Ian was lazy or a liar, followed by pages of personal attacks. This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #542
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Thanks.
Typing on.my phone takes forever, just read. Will promise to try...
Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #543
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You have to be part of some social experiment regarding internet forums.
10 characters
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #544
Banned

OVR: 47

I still stand by with what I said. But back on topic. But to be honest what is the topic. Is it to say best wishes to Phil? Talk about the direction they take now? Or talk about how this will kill the community part of this game for OS? I just have no idea anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »