Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #25
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans

does Donny Moore honestly just give people ratings that he thinks are okay, then move their awareness up or down to boost or lower their overalls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
does Donny Moore honestly just give people ratings that he thinks are okay, then move their awareness up or down to boost or lower their overalls?
That's what I do when I play my friends and don't want them to realize I edited the rosters
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 37
No i don't think the secondary for the Titans is overrated bc they play really well but there not the the Patriots where they don't need pressure to lead the league in turnovers, so if anything NE secondary is underrated!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #28
Rookie

How is mercedes lewis a 90 ovr, i understand they have no weapons there, but thats a bit high for someone who finally had a good year after 6 years, and rob gronkowski had similar numbers and he's only a 84 and he has the best player in the league throwing him the ball. But hey it looks like Locker and Gabbert and Mallett will all be used a lot on madden this year, Mallett on another team bc he wont play as a Patriot, but Gabbert and Locker both have similar stats to there starting QB, and some stats are actually better so i won't be surprised when the rookies are starting , and there stats will increase more bc there all young players, so after a good season they will have a chance to actually be better after just 1 year bc awr will increase.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #29
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Marcedes Lewis is a 90 OVR because he's one of the best complete TE's in the league. He was asked to be primarily a blocker in his early years, and then MJD took the redzone TD's from him most of the time because it was a safer choice than seeing if Garrard was going to make a good or bad pass.

Garrard finally started looking to him to make plays last year, and actually if you look at his progression it closely mirrors the numbers of Dallas Clark and other higher profile recieving TE's. Marcedes Lewis can catch, but he can also block and is one of the top blocking TE's in the league.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #30
Rookie

He's not top 5 maybe not even top 10, bc there : gates, gonzalez, witten, clark, h miller, carlson z miller, gronkowski, maybe even olsen ahead of lewis, i would either one of the rookie Te's from the pats last year than lewis, espcially gronkowski who blocked almost every top DE in the gmae without allowing a sack, he blocked guys like peppers, freeny, mathis, cole, tuck, umenyoura, abraham, allen, i even thought after watching both guys play, that gronkowski was the biggest pro bowl snub last season bc his stats were near league best as a rookie, who split catches with another rookie TE i would take over lewis, both the rookies last year had more TDs in there 1st season than lewis had any year except last year, lewis is not 6 ovr higher than gronk, in real life bc ths year he will be even better and might put himself in that top 5 Te talk
Old 08-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #31
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
How is mercedes lewis a 90 ovr, i understand they have no weapons there, but thats a bit high for someone who finally had a good year after 6 years, and rob gronkowski had similar numbers and he's only a 84 and he has the best player in the league throwing him the ball. But hey it looks like Locker and Gabbert and Mallett will all be used a lot on madden this year, Mallett on another team bc he wont play as a Patriot, but Gabbert and Locker both have similar stats to there starting QB, and some stats are actually better so i won't be surprised when the rookies are starting , and there stats will increase more bc there all young players, so after a good season they will have a chance to actually be better after just 1 year bc awr will increase.
Lewis is a top 5 blocking TE and probably a top 10 or so pass catching TE.

90 OVR is good for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
No way Locker should be that accurate.
Locker's not as inaccurate as most think.

I know the college completion percentage suggests otherwise, but I read an article where quite a few NFL scouts were quoted as saying that his supposed accuracy issues were way overblown.

It's true that he needs to become much more accurate, especially in the pocket, but one really needs to understand his situation at Washington during his college career. Having Tyrone Willingham as his coach for his first three years did not help him, nor did having a pretty poor supporting cast. His offensive line was never that good and his receivers dropped a lot of balls. During this time, he was a running quarterback, with a poor supporting cast on offense, and Washington's defense was so ridiculously terrible that the Huskies were always trying to come back from a huge deficit.

This article will explain it much better than I can.

I think his accuracy ratings in the game are spot on at this point. It's at about a C grade, which is realistic. How someone could say that having accuracy ratings in the 70's is too high doesn't make much sense to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »