Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
He's not top 5 maybe not even top 10, bc there : gates, gonzalez, witten, clark, h miller, carlson z miller, gronkowski, maybe even olsen ahead of lewis, i would either one of the rookie Te's from the pats last year than lewis, espcially gronkowski who blocked almost every top DE in the gmae without allowing a sack, he blocked guys like peppers, freeny, mathis, cole, tuck, umenyoura, abraham, allen, i even thought after watching both guys play, that gronkowski was the biggest pro bowl snub last season bc his stats were near league best as a rookie, who split catches with another rookie TE i would take over lewis, both the rookies last year had more TDs in there 1st season than lewis had any year except last year, lewis is not 6 ovr higher than gronk, in real life bc ths year he will be even better and might put himself in that top 5 Te talk
Lewis has been good the past few seasons. It's not his fault he was asked to primarily be a blocker in the red zone so he didnt get a lot of TD catches.

Lewis is easily in the top 10 for TEs. He is a dominant blocker and a huge threat catching the ball down the field.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #34
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
No i don't think the secondary for the Titans is overrated bc they play really well but there not the the Patriots where they don't need pressure to lead the league in turnovers, so if anything NE secondary is underrated!
You're wrong. The Titans secondary is overrated - but only one player.. and it's Chris Hope. Hope was terrible last year, the only reason he didn't lose his starting spot is because of stubborn Fisher. With a shortened offseason, and the Titans wiffing on any instant replacements, Hope is still on the team. Not to mention he is the HIGHEST paid safety in 2011! Hope might get beat out by Babineaux, and Hope will be cut. Although the new defensive scheme that Jerry Gray (new Titans DC) will put Hope is a better situation and not 1v1 with WRs like the old system. He'll be more of a run supporter, which is the opposite of what he did last year. So many times last year Hope was suppose to double a WR over the top, and would let him blow by... and the blame would go on the CB. Hopes coverage is HORRIBLE, and needs to be declined instantly.

Here's some current coverage stats:
AWR: 87 should be 70
PUR: 85 should be 70
PRC: 80 should be 65
MAN: 53 should be 50
ZCV: 70 should be 65

As for Finnegan, Griffin, Verner, and McCourty they're fine.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #35
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans

Jaguars

WR Mike Sims-Wlker is a Ram, not a Jaguar
TE Marcedes Lewis SPC needs to be in the mid 80's
WR Jason Hill ran a 4.32 at his combine. His speed should at least be 90
TE Zach mIller inj should be lowered to mid 60's

FB Greg Jones hands need to be lowered to mid 50's
Rb Rashad Jennings speed needs to be upped to 87 and his catching needs to be upped to 74

QB David Garrard toughness needs to be upped to high 80's, his TAM needs to be upped to mid 80's, TAD needs to be lowered to mid 60's and his PAC needs to be upped to low 80's

RG Justin Smiley has retired

ROLB Justin Durant is a Lion

P Adam Podlesh is a Bear

DE Aaron Kampman inj needs to drop to low 70's
DT Tyson Alualu PMV needs to be lowered to mid 70's and his finesse needs to be upped to mid 70's
DE Derrick Harvey is a Bronco

Cb Derek Cox TKL needs to be upped to high 60's
SS Sean Considine is a Panther
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
My only real gripe is how slow Akeem Ayers is, all you here coming out of training camp this year of him is how well he fits in with our scheme and how he uses his combination of size and speed, but yet he is rated 2nd to last in speed in our linebacker corps with these ratings. I've seen games of him when he was at UCLA and he was running sideline to sideline catching people. I hope they give him more justice than 74 at speed, at least and 80-85.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2
[Continuing add on to my previous comment]
I mean just look how they scouted Akeem Ayers for the draft when it comes to his physical traits and speed

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

Outside Linebacker Specific Traits

Height-Weight-Speed [2]- Is built like a strong-side linebacker with very good height and a well-proportioned build. Has excellent bulk for his frame and also has better than average speed.

Range vs. Run [2] Quicker than most SLB's with his size. Can be a sideline-to-sideline run defender when allowed to play off the line of scrimmage and roam freely Underrated aspect of his game is the ability to seal off the edge, force the ball carrier back inside, and then close quickly while pursuing him inside. Plays through the whistle and makes more than his share of plays when pursuing from behind.

Thats why he needs his speed rating to be raised, because 74 does not do justice to him when it comes to speed it needs to be at least between 80-85.

Ray Maualuga for the bengals ran a 4.86 40 time but he has a 80 speed rating, Ayers ran it at 4.81 but gets a 74. Both are almost identical in size, Maualuga is 6'2 255, Ayers is 6'2 254, so what gives, there is no excuse for him being rated that low in speed.

and like as everyone else says, I'm a titans fan and even I say Chris Hope is too high and like him but he had a down year and he is slipping in performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »