Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #2833
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't think we've played them, actually.

Would make sense as the Bucs are in the opposite conference, though.
How do you do all that chart stuff and the tables? I'd love to do that for my franchise. It makes for an excellent read.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #2834
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Preseason Week 1: Game Turns Into a Laugher as Bucs Skin Jags 63-10

Wow.

That's really all that can be said about this game. The Bucs came out in midseason form while the Jags must have thought it was still early Spring. The very first defensive play for the Bucs was a fumble forced by MLB Gibson. Gabbert, though, threw 3 incomplete passes. That would be the worst the offense would look for the whole game.

The Bucs went into the game looking to try out the 46 defense. If this game is any indication, the team has found their new base set. OLB Murray had 5 tackles before the first quarter was half over, the CB tandem of Antonio Cohen and Carlos Cole shut down the Jaguars' receivers. When reverting to the more familar Nickle of last season, Gibson racked up 1 1/2 sacks and picked off a pass. He also knocked two players out of the game. Someone forgot to tell him it was preseason. Or maybe he just didn't care. SS Chauncey Cohen held his own in man coverage, and the Bucs were able to use both flavors of the 46 even against 3 WR sets in man coverage.

Offensively for the Bucs, the first pass rookie Case Murphy threw was a touch pass on a slant as WR Rucker beat double coverage for the score. Murphy's next TD came on a gutsy throw to 4th string HB Holmes on a 10 yd out route where Murphy stood strong in the pocket and took the hit as he delivered the ball.

QB Gabbert got "cheated" out of one drive, however, because WR Rucker ran back a kickoff 98 yards for a score. He did deliver a nicely thrown pass to rookie WR Emmanuel Jefferson for his TD on the day.

3rd QB Jake Stewart didn't get to throw a lot, and was just 2 of 4, but did hit HB Collins on a 20 yard pass for a TD.

"I was determined. You're not going to ace me out of a touchdown when we score 50 or whatever it was, " Stewart laughed.

Not to be outdone, the running game did its share of manhandling. As a team, the Bucs picked up, or perhaps laid down, 11 pancakes. Eleven.

All of this while the Jaguars only had 3 points. They finally got on the board again in the epitome of garbage time when a pair of rookies QB Brennen Williams and WR A.J. Robinson hooked up with 17 seconds left in the game.

That's right, for just about the entire game, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string defenders shut down the Jaguars. Holding them to just a FG after CB Braden Smith muffed a punt and lost it.

The influence of the new coaching staff might be to "blame" for this performance. Derrick Mason has worked hard with the young (and not so young in the case of Wheeler) WR, getting to be more aware of space when running routes. He and DC Timothy Hixon have coordinate practices with Hixon working on the DBs to 'counter' what Mason has been teaching the WR.

As for the success of the 46, coach Baker said, "Well, it's one game, and it's preseason at that, but it is definitely encouraging to see it gel like that so soon. This tape will be saved as the ideal, so if things get rough later, we can refer to this."

As good as the game was, there were a couple injuries for the Bucs. OLB Barker is out, again. This time with a broken collarbone for 6 more weeks. HB Bailey suffered a minor injury, and will take a week of rest to heal. Barker won't be put on IR, but his roster spoke will probably be moved to the bench and Green, Brown, and Murray will get time in his place.

Notes: The Bucs put up 797 yards of offense... No QB for the Bucs threw an interception in the game...Both HBs Reed and Collins rushed for over 100 yards.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-31-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #2835
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

last game of yr brown's vs steelers defense struggle yet again as steeler's recieved KO and took it right down field pounding the ball with both mendenhall and rainey rainey score from 1 yard out 7-0 steeler's. i get the ball and actually go threw and out as the steelers are shutting down everything im trying to do steelers get ball back and score a FG 10-0 finally i get my offense going and score a FG 10-3. second half and again the cmp team start's falling apart haden picks off big ben for his 10th int of the yr which leads the NFL i tie it up with a weeden to T Benjamin 3 yard TD next drive steelers they fumble i recover go right back down field score another TD 17-10 browns after a bunch of 3 and out for both teams final score ends up being 34-17 browns. T Benjamin sets the new NFL record for TD's in a yr with 25 and Weeden finished 3rd in passing yards for season with 5,061.

Last edited by azdawgpound; 05-31-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #2836
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Team: Indianapolis Colts
Record: 9-7

@Texans L 7-41
Browns L 27-29
Steelers L 5-34
@Buccaneers L 3-17
Chiefs W 31-27
@Bengals W 34-24
@Saints W 31-24
@Titans W 20-0
Falcons W 20-13
Jaguars W 12-9
Panthers L 31-41
@ Patriots W 23-20
@ Ravens L 17-27
Titans W 27-20
Texans W 26-19
@ Jaguars L 23-24

The season for the Indianapolis Colts has come to an end without a trip to the postseason. We controlled our own destiny going into the week 17 matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars and were ahead for the most of the game. When it looked like we had secured the victory, Maurice Jones-Drew broke free on a 53 yard touchdown run in the final seconds. It was a tough way to lose, but it will only make the team that much hungrier in the future.

The storyline of this season was the inspired play of Kerry Collins and the lack of efficiency from Peyton Manning. Collins compiled a 7-1 record during his time on the field while Manning went 2-6. The front office will have some difficult offseason decisions to make regarding the QB position.

PLAYER STATS

Passing (A Tale of Two Quarterbacks)
Kerry Collins
QB Rating 101.7
Yards 2123
TD 14
INT 7
COMP% 60

Peyton Manning
QB Rating 66.9
Yards 1922
TD 6
INT 14
COMP% 55

Rushing
Joseph Addai
Yards 1326
AVG 4.4
TD 12

Receiving
Dallas Clark
REC 71
Yards 1216
TD 9

Reggie Wayne
REC 62
Yards 875
TD 4

Pierre Garcon
REC 36
Yards 892
TD 4

Defense
Gary Brackett
121 Tackles

Antoine Bethea
98 Tackles
5 INT

Jacob Lacey
5 INT

Eric Foster & Fila Moala
9 Sacks Each

TEAM STATS

Total Offense 5121 (21)
Passing Yards 3592 (13)
Rushing Yards 1529 (25)
Points Per Game 21 (16)

Total Defense 5297 (19)
Passing Yards 3456 (18)
Rushing Yards 1841 (21)
Points 369 (25)

LEAGUE LEADERS

Passing Yards - Tom Brady 4151
Passing TDS - Drew Brees & Tom Brady 31

Rushing Yards - Maurice Jones-Drew 1970
Rushing Touchdowns - Maurice Jones-Drew 17

Receptions - Santana Moss 108
Receiving Yards - Santana Moss 1456
Receiving TDS - Santana Moss & Roddy White 13

Tackles - Brian Cushing 166
Sacks - Red Bryant, Erik Walden & Tamba Hali 13
Interceptions - Champ Bailey 8
Forced Fumbles - Bradie James 6
Old 05-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #2837
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
last game of yr brown's vs steelers defense struggle yet again as steeler's recieved KO and took it right down field pounding the ball with both mendenhall and rainey rainey score from 1 yard out 7-0 steeler's. i get the ball and actually go threw and out as the steelers are shutting down everything im trying to do steelers get ball back and score a FG 10-0 finally i get my offense going and score a FG 10-3. second half and again the cmp team start's falling apart haden picks off big ben for his 10th int of the yr which leads the NFL i tie it up with a weeden to T Benjamin 3 yard TD next drive steelers they fumble i recover go right back down field score another TD 17-10 browns after a bunch of 3 and out for both teams final score ends up being 34-17 browns. T Benjamin sets the new NFL record for TD's in a yr with 25 and Weeden finished 3rd in passing yards for season with 5,032.
Peyton Manning threw for 49 TDs in a season, Tom Brady 50. 25 isn't close to the record. EA really screws up records.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #2838
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
Peyton Manning threw for 49 TDs in a season, Tom Brady 50. 25 isn't close to the record. EA really screws up records.
He was saying T.Benjamin had the WR record TDs at 25.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #2839
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
He was saying T.Benjamin had the WR record TDs at 25.
Wow I saw Weeden and NFL record 25 TDs next to each other haha! My bad AZ.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #2840
Rookie

texaneagle's Arena

OVR: 5

Just started my game against the Bengals and I am wondering if anybody else during the coin flip doesn't have the QB calling it. Randomly it was one of our defensive players calling the flip

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »