Home

If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #97
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

I would change Progression. Why cant it reflect what player do in the nfl. Have a good year with 12 TDs for a running back go up have 3 go down. Have 16 sacks go up have 16 tackles go down. Not the age factor, its such Bull....
Old 03-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

I couldn't care less about commentary, I haven't listened to commentary in years, I mute it and listen to music anyways.

If I could truly change one thing it would be adding realistic physics, if player movement and collisions worked right that would be huge, if players can't jump out of the building and have to see the ball to react to it then the game would work so much better. I don't see this happening any time soon.

I realistic change would be route based passing and ball trajectory. I'd love to be able to throw a comeback route before he starts coming back.

If there was NFL Head Coach 13 I would buy that over Madden 13 until gameplay made drastic improvements.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #99
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been playing NHL 11 a lot the last month or so. I can say now that I really want Madden to implement true physics with player movement and weight (not that I had not before but wow it really sticks out like a sore thumb now).

It is mindblowing how much better NHL 11 feels in that regard. I played some franchise games last night on Madden 12 as I wanted to finish up my season in my year three Fins chise and while I still enjoyed the game 2 things stood out.

The player movement felt arcade all the way after playing NHL 11 for over a month and remembering how killer that game is because of a true physics engine.

And I of course had the commentary on mute as it is pathetic but also how slient the stadium was. The atmosphere is really lacking in Madden.

Those 2 things must be improed big time for me to warrent purchasing Madden ever again. Otherwise Madden 12 will be my football game for the forseeable future.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #100
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Coach mode please!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 8

Since I'm always seeking to improve the quality of Madden players - I'd add a "Training Camp" mode that imitates the basic drills that NFL players use each year when entering training camp to build manual skills.

Players would start with 2 plays on offense (1 run/1 pass). Players would be graded using a Virtual Coach (aka Gruden) who critiques their performance audibly. For instance, if the play requires a 3-step drop and the user takes a 5-step drop - The coach would yell at you to get your butt in gear. If the coach gives you a progression and the user goes elsewhere with the ball - the coach threatens the bench.

If the user runs the play according to the coach's specifications, the coach installs another play.

It would add a level of realism that would force players to 'earn' their position - and eventually they could build an entire playbook they are proficient at running.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Since I'm always seeking to improve the quality of Madden players - I'd add a "Training Camp" mode that imitates the basic drills that NFL players use each year when entering training camp to build manual skills.

Players would start with 2 plays on offense (1 run/1 pass). Players would be graded using a Virtual Coach (aka Gruden) who critiques their performance audibly. For instance, if the play requires a 3-step drop and the user takes a 5-step drop - The coach would yell at you to get your butt in gear. If the coach gives you a progression and the user goes elsewhere with the ball - the coach threatens the bench.

If the user runs the play according to the coach's specifications, the coach installs another play.

It would add a level of realism that would force players to 'earn' their position - and eventually they could build an entire playbook they are proficient at running.

Later
I love this idea man..
Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

Later

This sound interesting.

Especially the part where a playbook could emerge from what I show I'm good/bad at running/executing.

Really, really interesting.

The rest sounds better for like Superstar mode? I mean if I start a franchise - since I'm partly the GM, the coach, and the players - what would happen if I don't pass training camp? I'd have 2 plays instead of my team's playbook? My franchise would get deleted? I'd have to pick a different team?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I would change Progression. Why cant it reflect what player do in the nfl. Have a good year with 12 TDs for a running back go up have 3 go down. Have 16 sacks go up have 16 tackles go down. Not the age factor, its such Bull....
Age matters.

There's a reason why it's harder for older players to play like they did when they were 24 and had pristine physical condition on top of talent. Guys slow down, etc.

What should happen is that the ratings should progress on a curve where a talent old veteran that still can play physically can succeed because he's smarter/more instincts/experience and still rack up the sacks or tackles or throw good passes even if he's not a strong, fast, etc as he used to be.

Granted, I think ratings should change, which creates changes in performance, not performance changing physical and mental skills. After all, production can come from how a player is used, even without a change in physical or mental talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »