Home

If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #105
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This sound interesting.

Especially the part where a playbook could emerge from what I show I'm good/bad at running/executing.

Really, really interesting.

The rest sounds better for like Superstar mode? I mean if I start a franchise - since I'm partly the GM, the coach, and the players - what would happen if I don't pass training camp? I'd have 2 plays instead of my team's playbook? My franchise would get deleted? I'd have to pick a different team?
Exactly my thoughts, I love the idea of a playbook stemming from what I'm good/bad at executing...but your exactly right in saying what happens if you don't pass training camp. This is Madden not the NFL (no matter how many friendly debates we may have and what you may think TNT ) I shouldn't be banned from playing my franchise or forced to pick a new team because of this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What would happen if I don't pass training camp? I'd have 2 plays instead of my team's playbook? My franchise would get deleted? I'd have to pick a different team?
I wouldn't tack this on to another mode... I'd propose this to be a standalone mode for people who wanted to prefect the techniques they need in a game as an alternative to the current practice mode that assumes players already have the skills to execute the play.

If a player doesn't pass the first stage of training camp, the coach doesn't install another play and they get to keep working to perform the play according to a standard NOT SET by the user. If a user passes, he gets to decide what play the coach installs next.

In essence, the coach says: "Run it til you run it right!"

Later
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #107
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I wouldn't tack this on to another mode... I'd propose this to be a standalone mode for people who wanted to prefect the techniques they need in a game as an alternative to the current practice mode that assumes players already have the skills to execute the play.

If a player doesn't pass the first stage of training camp, the coach doesn't install another play and they get to keep working to perform the play according to a standard NOT SET by the user. If a user passes, he gets to decide what play the coach installs next.

In essence, the coach says: "Run it til you run it right!"

Later
I like this idea, a stand alone mode would be good...that way those who want to perfect their stick skills can do so, and those who really don't have the time to do so can skip it without penalty.

I'd love to see it put in to Madden. Granted, this mode wouldn't be all that effective until the on-the-field gameplay and physics are fixed. Hard to teach football technique and execution correctly (with the proper rewards) when the players aren't even playing and reacting like humans.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I'd love to see it put in to Madden. Granted, this mode wouldn't be all that effective until the on-the-field gameplay and physics are fixed. Hard to teach football technique and execution correctly (with the proper rewards) when the players aren't even playing and reacting like humans.
Gotta disagree... I've been taking this same approach independent of the absence of a training camp mode since Madden '03. Every year I start anew with the 5-step drop throwing basic routes until I can throw them with my eyes closed (literally) and only move to a new technique once the one I've just installed is perfected.

I just wish I didn't have to improvise a training camp...

Later
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
def commentary! brutal- i want to punch my tv everytime i hear Collinsworth speak
I agree 100%.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
1) I have to say complete redo of the blocking and line interactions.

2) Close second would be DB and WR interactions. It is lifeless right now.
I was just about to post something just like that.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #111
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

when holding cover up you NEVER fumble.

that be my one thing

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #112
Rookie

ahayes85's Arena

OVR: 0
My opinion is Madden 12 is the best of all so far EA has done so much damage after this game came out I don't see how people can still play 13,25,15 or 16 they all played like noodles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »