Home

If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Create-a-team. It's such a stale game feature. It needs to be updated worse than anything IMO.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
One thing! and I assume that one thing would make the game tolerable until more improvements are made...well, the one thing I would change would be what charter04 mentioned and that is realistic implementation of penalties. Penalties are what gives football its uniqueness. The outcome of games hinge on the overall effect of penalties; this game not implementing penalties leaves a hollowness and unimportantness, IN MY OPINION.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Superstar Mode and Gameplay.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: If You Could Change One Thing - Madden NFL 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
lol, ididnt mean for it to come out like that...I meant for example in 2k5 you can either have the choice to block the pass or go for the INT & the WR should have the option to make a play on the ball or bat it away also if the DB has the advantage.. Just to say we need competition on both sides of the ball with the buttons/hitstick with the more options like to push off also on both sides under 5 yrds or after including more pass interference calls which werent in the game at all this year that ihave noticed... hope I cleared that up some
haha ya i see where you are going now. I agree, especially if you like playing as DB. I made a post about this in another thread not too long ago. I feel we should have specific buttons for things like jamming a receiver and fighting for position if the WR has a step on the guy I'm controlling (much like fifa uses the A button). Also a button to counter a block. I hate seeing a OLman 2 seconds before he's gonna block me and have no way to avoid it. These things shouldn't automatically trigger like they do now. If they're based on user input instead of just triggering because "they're close to each other" then there is the opportunity to add penalties. And honestly I wouldn't mind seeing an actual block button for offensive players (idk if thats in the game or not lol). One of my issues is that animations should not trigger unless there is some sort of input.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 02-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 33
Give the NFL franchise to 2K & see what they can do with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Change the programming logic for gameplay to a read-and-react system. Currently it appears that the gameplay is set up in a way that incoporates an "A happens and C is going to be the result, so we fill in the gap with B". That means we get super linebackers and psychic DBs. The quarterback throws the ball (A) and the game decides it's going to get batted down or intercepted (C) so the game initiates an animation to connect the dots (B) resulting in odd gameplay.

Instead, attach a chain of events using "keys" that each player (especially on defense) focuses on. Depending on what that "key" does will determine the reaction of the player. This is how it's done in real life. There should be several options for reactions and several variances of success as you incorporate each player's attributes.

Instead of the A then C so B example, you get something like this:

Linebacker reads key (offensive guard) and sees him stand up in pass blocking stance. LB reacts by dropping to his zone. Linebacker then looks for his next key (depending on the coverage and offensive formation this would vary). He then reacts to the routes accordingly. Notice how none of that determines if the ball is swatted, tackle is made, etc. It would let the attributes work, so Mr. Linebacker wouldn't execute his assignment as mentioned to the same success rate as a player with different attribute ratings.

But most importantly is the point that it gets the players to act and react more like they do in the real game. If you want to revolutionize the game and make it dynamic...this is what you do.
but that would be simulation football and we haven't had that in years.... LOL I agree man. This is my biggest frustration, so If there was only ONE thing to fix, I'd say this would be it. BUT that's not to say there are a handful of other BIG issues that need to be fixed such as player weight attributes actually meaning anything, ball trajectory, commentary, lack of depth to online franchise, etc
Old 02-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #63
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolchock
the challenge system...I want to be able to choose to challenge the spot of the ball or challenge a complete/incomplete pass....not hope and pray the computer reviews what I want it to.
lol I agree. I once had a fumble returned by the other team. I stopped them short of the goal line and you know what the CPU challenged? Not the actual fumble, but the spot where I tackled the dude who recovered it. Now that's whack dude.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #64
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoop3
The Developers
LOL touche dude

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »