Home

Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita

This is a discussion on Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita

i read on pastapadre that the Vita version wont have no connected careers mode or nothing else new besides the new commentary team of nantz and simms. so guess its basically gonna be 12 with old way to play? so guess u couldnt do like with mlb the show and take it on the go and continue where u left off.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical
When I say "current-gen" engine I mean in terms of console lifetimes not game cycles. When Madden made the jump to the 360/PS3 they started using the current-gen engine(not last gen which would be PS2 engine) Its apparent with weaker gaming systems like the PSP and iOS that they are using last gen engines which would be the PS2 engine, therefore the graphics are understandably inferior to that of the current gen engine.

As for Fifa Vita, it was ported using last years feature set, BUT the current gen engine they are using on the consoles. Whatever EA team worked on FIFA did a fine job IMO. As I played the game on my Vita it runs at a nice clip and they didnt have to eat too much into the graphics to get it there. I even liked their system that when going into replay mode.. the frames would take a hit but the game would provide substantially more detail on the players.
Gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying; yeah, FIFA Soccer on Vita does use the same fundamental game engine as the current-gen console games; it just doesn't have the real-time physics engine from FIFA 12.

Quote:
Hmm. I dont know how much you play Madden, but I hope its not that often because if you cannot tell the difference between the iOS version and this new Vita version I think we are all in for a huge letdown.
As a videogame journalist who focuses on sports, I play a good amount of Madden every year... just not on handheld or mobile platforms, because I don't own a gaming handheld or an iPad, and I have an Android phone. So just going off of screenshots and the Vita game I played, the Vita version did not look worlds better than the iOS screenshots... but again, I think that says more about how good iPad games look than about Madden 13 on Vita. In motion, Madden 13 looks quite good, despite the sacrifices HB Studios had to make in order to get Madden 12 running on the handheld.

Quote:
If they can ballpark a port as well as the FIFA team did it will be halfway decent.
Again, I think Madden 13 on Vita will be "halfway decent," or even better. But it's so different from Madden 13 on PS3/360 that I have a problem with EA marketing the Vita game as "Madden NFL 13."

Quote:
One last question though, in the beta version you played was the game as smooth looking as the screenshots you posted on your site? Were there really no jaggies present? Anti-aliasing seems to be really high.
The screenshots that EA sent me were rendered at a ridiculously high resolution, so yeah, I wouldn't say the game looks quite as good. There were jaggies in close-ups (like replays), but in motion, it was hard to notice that stuff.

@SamitSarkar
Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i read on pastapadre that the Vita version wont have no connected careers mode or nothing else new besides the new commentary team of nantz and simms. so guess its basically gonna be 12 with old way to play? so guess u couldnt do like with mlb the show and take it on the go and continue where u left off.
As I said in my article, the only major new element from Madden 13 on PS3/360 that has made it into the Vita version is the Nantz/Simms commentary, and there's no cross-platform functionality between the Vita version and the PS3 version (like there is in MLB 12 The Show). Producer Dan Baker told me that if they do Madden 14 on Vita, they hope to explore that.

@SamitSarkar
Old 07-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
Rookie

logical's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the honest reply.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #21
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
For me even without the cross platform. It's madden on the go. As long as its a decent game and I can play football anywhere I want I will be ok with their first effort.

Just hope they bring over some psp features like reverse camera on defense.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Pro

GoldSox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
As I said in my article, the only major new element from Madden 13 on PS3/360 that has made it into the Vita version is the Nantz/Simms commentary, and there's no cross-platform functionality between the Vita version and the PS3 version (like there is in MLB 12 The Show). Producer Dan Baker told me that if they do Madden 14 on Vita, they hope to explore that.
IF they do Madden 14? Good grief. I had such high hopes for this system. At this point, I just wish Sony would focus on making the Remote Play option work for PS3 games going forward. I would be willing to buy a PS3 system and PS3 games just for that. Then they can stop putting out underwhelming games for the Vita.

Oh well...I'm still having a blast with The Show & Rayman on my expensive toy...
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know, it may be the fact that I buy a new football game every 2 or 3 years but I'm ok with having a maddened 12 on my handheld. I understand the concerns with the misleading title but if it looks and plays close to its console brother from last year then I'm still completely impressed. Not so impressed with the screen shots but it probably looks great in motion.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #24
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
So are we looking at PS3 like graphics. And where are the videos.

Starting to worry they are going to just scrap this game.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »