Home

You don't play online? Why?

This is a discussion on You don't play online? Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #49
Rookie

RightWingPigeons's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: You don't play online? Why?

Hey Shaun, your post in my thread has me really interested in your site. It actually seems like the perfect, laid-back experience I've been looking for. Playing with mature adults who don't throw a fit and quit after losing seems like a dream lol (even if it's me who can never make the playoffs). Just curious though as to if TSO is free as long as you get accepted or if there are charges associated. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Yeah, I'm not much of a social gamer either. I don't own a headset, and I have zero intentions on going out to get one LOL.

At the same time, with the emergence of CCM, I guess I just got bored (a bit) with the same old same old offline franchise. Where I'm essentially competing against myself, and always second guessing difficulty in reaction to a great/poor game.
This is the problem I have with offline. I'm constantly adjusting the sliders because I'm not certain if I'm simply playing an incredible game (I know how to beat the cpu ai into oblivion on any difficulty but play with house rules), or if my sliders are off in a certain area.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #51
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Are you social in general? I like talking on the mic, but it's distracting.=)
Absolutely a social gent, ask Case! But with gaming, that's always been my solo sanctuary. Hard to even explain it, but I've just enjoyed the peace & tranquility (lol) of not being bothered with anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #52
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

For me it's a couple things with online quick games. One is the cheese. I know there are plenty of guys that play straight up but for everyone of those there are 2 or 3 that go for it on 4th down. Shame the game doesn't penalize a player for that. Different topic.

The other reason is what I call sub concious cheese. Someone earlier called going to one or 2 money play. I even catch myself doing sometimes. In Madden I think we all know you can master 2 or 3 plays that get you a first down at a 90 percent clip or better. In real football you can't keep going to same well but in Madden you can. The computer doesn't seem to do this too much and use more diversity in their playcalling making them more fun IMO to play.

As far as an online league I would love to but my schedule just doesn't give me enough flexability. I did make it into a 5th year of a NCAA dynasty last year but I was so stressed about making my "life" schedule work for my online schedule it just sucked the fun out my online dynasty.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #53
Rookie

Sarvinator's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Haha, I'm trying not to be a blatant whore about it, but I bet if you look in my signature you'd find a good league.=)

That said, there are good leagues here on OS as well.
Ha. Sorry man, just didn't see the sig. I'm having a slow day apparently.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #54
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Sorry for all the typos in the last post. Multitasking on the mobile app.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

To all you guys "afraid" of confronting online leagues, here is one a my favorite lines ever, from the movie Troy.

That’s Why No-one Will Remember Your Name

followed by Ray Lewis

NOW WHO IS READY FOR SOME ONLINE MADDEN? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #56
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Same here. And I'd like to know what league it is you found since that seems to be more of my style.
I'm playing in the league RGiles started up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
To your last point I'm debating on running a "my player ccm" with a few people... More of just gauge your progress against each than about beating each other on the field.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
That'd be pretty interesting to check out. I'd be down for something like that, so long as the league wasn't too big. If I have to schedule games with people constantly, I'll end up dropping the league due to frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To all you guys "afraid" of confronting online leagues, here is one a my favorite lines ever, from the movie Troy.

NOW WHO IS READY FOR SOME ONLINE MADDEN? lol
I hate people who play online and act like being awesome at Madden is worth anything. And they get this attitude where suddenly they're calling other guys "scrubs" and whatnot. It's pretty funny to witness. They get this swagger as if they'll get recognized on the street. "Awww daaayam, it's dat Madden-playin' foo'! Dude is DOPE!"

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »