Home

This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

This is a discussion on This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 25
Site to fall on deaf ears.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #74
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: This is where to go to get legacy issues in Madden fixed guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
"when the late game AI has the CPU running up the middle with :03 left, down by 4 points on the 30 yard line, you have problems."

See, this is the kinda sh*t that finds it's way into the game and on to the shelves. How does this stuff get missed every year?!? Doesn't anyone at EA Sports play their own game??

EA dev: "Hey Josh I ran through a couple of quick matches the other night and noticed the A.I was doing some wonky sh*t late in the 4th qtr, the kinda thing that doesn't go unnoticed. I thought a few of us need to iron this out before the weekend"

J. Looman: *yawns* "eh f**k it."
I don't think Looman works on game play and that's probably what happens if Looman points out flaws to the programmers, imo but that's still a funny skit, lol.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #75
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I'm not the guy you quoted, but my answer to that question is a big "No"

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. So many people have been hitting it out of the park in this thread.

The ONLY thing I disagree on (and I may even be wrong on this as well, so please correct me if I am), is that as far as I'm aware, games like Tecmo Bowl were doing 11 v 11 before Madden.

Outside of that though, you're right in terms of the other areas that Madden innovated and set everything up for (at the time) future generations.

And now to see it in the shape its in is just mind numbing.
You're right. I stand corrected. For some reason, the 11-man thing stuck with me. Now, I remember why. John Madden insisted that for him to get involved, it would have to be 11 on 11. I guess that's where I got it from.

I still believe, without a doubt, that the downfall of Madden was EA obtaining the NFL license exclusively. I never liked the NFL2k games, honestly, but I appreciated them because their competition and solid product forced EA to be innovative. Keep in mind that when video game football was at its best, there were several different football games.

The worst era for football video games has been where there was only one.

The evidence is clear - competition in a free market drives innovation, and it benefits EA in the long run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #76
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I understand the disappoint with EA and Madden this generation, but this constant complaining isn't helping anyone. Like it or not, if the Madden team is using the EAGC website to garner ideas for what to work on and implement into future versions of Madden, then that is what they are doing.

If you don't like the way they are doing it, then don't support them. Either a) Don't purchase the game. b) Don't use their website or c) a&b. Complaining about it won't change anything.

Also, stop taking the development of this game so seriously. It is just a game and it does take a lot of work to make a game. Insulting the Madden team, most of which are new, doesn't help. In the end, even the new guys like Cam Weber have to report to someone even higher than can override any decision. That guy probably only cares about the money, so stop buying the game if you care that much.

Either way, this constant complaining isn't productive. If you're going to complain about the game and EA is giving you a means to let it be heard, then use those means. Also, learn how to complain with a little bit more professionalism and gratitude. By no means do they have to come online and read the constant insults to find the posts that are constructive.

(If you take offense to this post, then that is you choosing to do so. I'm not pointing out any one person).
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #77
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I've got nothing to lose by attaching the co-op suggestions from that site in my auto signature, but it'd be good to know if it genuinely is where the Madden developers go for legacy/game suggestions.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
You're right. I stand corrected. For some reason, the 11-man thing stuck with me. Now, I remember why. John Madden insisted that for him to get involved, it would have to be 11 on 11. I guess that's where I got it from.

I still believe, without a doubt, that the downfall of Madden was EA obtaining the NFL license exclusively. I never liked the NFL2k games, honestly, but I appreciated them because their competition and solid product forced EA to be innovative. Keep in mind that when video game football was at its best, there were several different football games.

The worst era for football video games has been where there was only one.

The evidence is clear - competition in a free market drives innovation, and it benefits EA in the long run.
I've never been a Madden guy, so its hard for me to say exclusivity was the downfall, lol. I was never a big Madden guy, before or during 2k's run, and finding 2k was a huge deal for me.

But your point is taken, and either way the exclusive went would be a bad idea. I don't think 2k holding an exclusive would be any better. Proof is in 2k's other titles. 2k has a semi MLB exclusive, and while I enjoy MLB 2k, The Show is the big hit for baseball. And while there is no exclusive, NBA 2k has taken a dip in the absence of NBA Live.

Competition brings out the best, in any industry, whether its Madden, or cars, or anything for that matter. No matter what side of the fence we are on, that's something all of us can agree upon.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I honestly cannot understand the arguments from the "It's just a game" crowd. Yeah, we get that, but EA was the one who came up with the slogan "If it's in the game, it's in the game." On the SNES, Genesis, Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, etc., the games were made to the maximum of the console's potential and tried to replicate the sport on the field. That died out in the transition to next-gen and after EA's monopolizing of the NFL license.

No competition? Move at your own leisure. What are the consumers gonna do about it? There's only one option - deal with it.

Madden revolutionized football video games. The behind-the-QB camera view was first implemented by EA, if I remember correctly, and John Madden was involved in the early days to improve the game and add realism and authenticity of the football experience. I believe Madden was the first football game to feature 11 vs. 11 in the field of play. It used to be about making the game as close to real life as possible.

This isn't about shoelaces being the wrong color. Yes, people can go overboard with that stuff, but when the late game AI has the CPU running up the middle with :03 left, down by 4 points on the 30 yard line, you have problems. That's not football. That's years of old, bad code that hasn't been touched.

I groaned when I saw the fantasy draft as #1. Improved AI, roster edits, momentum and body weight, running animations, etc., are all things that have more bearing on an authentic experience.

"If it's in the game, it's in the game."

The whole irony of the slogan is that there isn't supposed to be much difference, hence the repetition of the second phrase. The video game is supposed to mimic what's on the field. It's brilliant, really, but now neglected.

We are simply holding EA to the standards THEY have helped establish. Yeah, it's a game and so is football.
Agree with most of this, except for the marketing slogan. They've had that since the ambulance days and beginning of time.

I don't take marketing slogan's too seriously.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #80
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree with most of this, except for the marketing slogan. They've had that since the ambulance days and beginning of time.

I don't take marketing slogan's too seriously.
I don't think EA planned to have ambulances running players over for years to come.

With every Madden installment, the game mimicked the real deal more and more. Instant replay, player fatigue and injuries, penalties, review and overturning of certain calls by referees, the use of the no-huddle offense, player taunting, expanded playbooks and more audibles was all implemented from '88-'93.

Without a doubt, Madden tried to replicate the NFL as much as possible. Whether one takes a marketing slogan seriously or not, their product, for the most part, reflected their claim.

Of course it's all marketing gimmicks, but it was effective. That's all the Game Changers are, really. Cool guys but cogs in the machine. Let's hope they can be effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »