Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
CCM twitter and stories

Im really not liking the Story and fake twitter feeds in CCM.Yeah Its better than nothing,but dont you guys think they should put a real type halftime show and weekly wrap up show with stats and replays highlights? We know this can be done,it has been done great in other games years ago...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Im really not liking the Story and fake twitter feeds in CCM.Yeah Its better than nothing,but dont you guys think they should put a real type halftime show and weekly wrap up show with stats and replays highlights? We know this can be done,it has been done great in other games years ago...
Ea should have stuck with the half time show from madden 10. It is way better than Madden 13's.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Ea should have stuck with the half time show from madden 10. It is way better than Madden 13's.
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

"OMG TWITTER!! LOL THIS IS SO COOL, LIL WAYNE!!!" only an example, lol
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

"OMG TWITTER!! LOL THIS IS SO COOL, LIL WAYNE!!!" only an example, lol
This is what people forget.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

I guess I'm probably one of the silent majority who like the twitter feed. I actually find myself drawn to it week by week because of the cool stories happening and being alerted as to who is free for picking up as a FA and who is winning and having big games, etc.

I don't even have Twitter, but I am enjoying the story element. This coming from an RPG guy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
I disagree. For one thing you present a false dichotomy. Sure I would like a weekly wrap up show a la College Hoops, but it was not scrapped in favor of twitter. No reason to believe that the twitter feed prevents any kind of show.

Most players (probably you included) would soon be skipping any halftime show after viewing it a couple of times. Whereas the news feed is something I check and appreciate every week.

The community has been screaming for features like this this entire console generation and now that EA gives us this the community acts with indifference.

And btw, not everything that you may disagree with is a matter of catering to the casual fans. I know that this is the in thing to do nowadays but it is pretty dumb to play that card right now. This is not directed at the OP but more of a general statement.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

A big part of the CCM seems like just playing games then having a fake social media pop about it. CCM didn't actually add a lot of depth at all to franchise mode. If anything it may have taken some away with the removal of a transactions log.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Rookie

overlay's Arena

OVR: 0

I enjoy the stories. Keeping up with the league around you has always been a bit time consuming and inconvenient. This at least remedies that a little.

However, it really pulls you out of it when you're reading headlines about the Browns signing Donovan McNabb, the 35-year-old has-been, and benching Weeden and McCoy in favor of HIM. The AI is as dumb as ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »