Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Huh? No, there isn't just 5 or so plays duplicated, I still play the game. Nor were the load times long, especially for those consoles. Also, NFL2K is the only 2K game with a weekly wrap up. I'm not sure if you're just lying to try to make a case or we're just not talking about the same thing. The highlights in the Sportcenter show exhibited a plethora of situations. Some are returns, some goal-line plays, some are breakout runs, some are long passes, turnovers for TDs and they are ALWAYS different on various spots of the field & etc. It was the whole reason why I never skipped it, because it never got old.

Like I said, maybe we're not talking about the same thing, so you can look at the quick load times and videos for yourself. You won't find 2 plays that are exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ac.__GjqMWdz5Y

Again, the highlights was what made the wrap up so special to so many people, every highlight was unique and you got all the league info & news all at once. I'm not sure were you came up with all this misinformation.

But the website idea isn't a bad idea. I'd go for that. I for one don't see any joy in repetitive text over video & commentary. It's basically regressing just using any text format in video games when you can have a more authentic feel with video.
College Hoops never had a wrap-up? And yes, if you watched the weekly show in NFL every week, you'd often see the same play twice in the same show, or see the same plays repeated each week. After watching the "highlights" for one season, you would have seen every play the game had to offer.

I vividly remember there was a punt return play that would repeat all the time, a bootleg play that would repeat all the time, a big running play that would repeat all the time, etc. I played that game for years, but the weekly wrap-up show was nothing special. It was the halftime show that was cool.

Edit:

Watch the Ravens highlight here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbecEziE4E

Now watch at 2:45 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiQj--cpI
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-30-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
College Hoops never had a wrap-up? And yes, if you watched the weekly show in NFL every week, you'd often see the same play twice in the same show, or see the same plays repeated each week. After watching the "highlights" for one season, you would have seen every play the game had to offer.

I vividly remember there was a punt return play that would repeat all the time, a bootleg play that would repeat all the time, a big running play that would repeat all the time, etc. I played that game for years, but the weekly wrap-up show was nothing special. It was the halftime show that was cool.

Edit:

Watch the Ravens highlight here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbecEziE4E

Now watch at 2:45 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiQj--cpI

Well I'll eat that crow. It was definitely enough highlights used that kept me interested to say the least than. But video > text or even just pictures.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #35
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I love the twitter feed/stories. I've said it before, the twitter feed and improved graphics and commentary make me feel like I'm sitting at my computer, reading NFL.com's news, then watching a real game. I just saw a story where a quarterback played minor league baseball, then decided to play football, and is now LSU's starting quarterback. I scouted him, he has actually good accuracy, I think I'll draft him. He's 28 though.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #36
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
If eHarmony or Facebook is in next years game, I may take a sabbatical.
Come on now! Twitter is commonly used in the NFL -- by both the players and journalists.

Yes, it would have been great if the Madden developers included a halftime show or weekly recap show for Connected Careers, but their past attempts have proven to be sub-par. A majority of people appreciate the benefit of having the twitter feeds in the game this year. They seem to truly add something immersive, as they are dynamic, rather than a poorly scripted review of scores and stats, that were in Madden 10's Extra Point and halftime shows.

Twitter isn't in the game just to embrace social media. It's there to add immersion. I think that immersion could be taken to another level with the addition of the aforementioned shows, but for a first-year attempt, the twitter feeds seem to hold its own ground rather well.

Saying that this is a casual feature is ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could distinguish this as being hardcore or casual. It's not an element of gameplay, but a realistic element of immersion.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Really? The new scouting? The new additions to the draft? Teams looking for certain types of players? A trading system that actually seems to work half-decently? The change from the old free agency style from Madden 11 and prior versions to the new system? Legitimate contract negotiations (though still not as good as what was in HC09, it's an upgrade over past Maddens)? Probably the best simmed stats of any recent Madden? Hearing about upcoming draft prospects during the season? Players coming out of retirement, getting benched, teams actually using the franchise tag, etc?

CCM is far from perfect (especially offline), but it's lightyears more in depth than recent franchise modes.
Problem is that instead of adding necessities, they added things that we wanted. The problem is the necessities are what we need and if we don't have the stuff we need, why would we care about the stuff we want?
Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Can I use this thread to ask a question? I thought I read that CCM created a REAL Twitter feed that sent the fake CCM tweets to your real Twitter feed. Is this true? If so, can someone post their real feed? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Can I use this thread to ask a question? I thought I read that CCM created a REAL Twitter feed that sent the fake CCM tweets to your real Twitter feed. Is this true? If so, can someone post their real feed? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.
Yes, you read correctly. I don't have a twitter account to show you, but below is proof that you can do this on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote:
Social Features

Keep track of your league on the web and check in on Twitter or Facebook to see all the news that’s happening around the league.
Josh Looman, developer of Connected Careers, confirmed from this link:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...developer-blog

Quote:
EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 will also come alive across your social media channels. The development team has contracted with multiple media and sports personalities to provide an internal Twitter feed that will focus on events and happenings in your CC. Adam Schefter, Rich Eisen and Skip Bayless are among a host of faces you will see commenting on the moves you and your buddies make as you go through CC. This feed is not just for internal use, however. It can also be setup to push the content to a real functioning Twitter account that all the coaches can follow to get real time updates pushed out to their mobile devices and computers. This just adds one more level of immersion to your CC.
RynoAid, a GameChanger, confirmed from this link:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...community-blog
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #40
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

"OMG TWITTER!! LOL THIS IS SO COOL, LIL WAYNE!!!" only an example, lol
Pretty much this. It's like asking why mainstream music labels don't sign hipster non-profitable music. Or asking Lil Wayne to record a song that means something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »