Home

Madden NFL 13 Online Fantasy Drafts Are on the Way

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Online Fantasy Drafts Are on the Way within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #129
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Announces Fantasy Draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
lol, you're saying he hates , is he also digging his pen into his thigh cursing offline players? Does he know you have a camera watching him?

Yes, I am basing my opinion on work he has already done, since it is not being done now, I know it is not because of his ability to do so, thus must be external constraints keeping him from accomplishing what he has already accomplished. You really think he is doing it because he hates offline players? Really? He says franchise mode is dead because CCM is the new franchise mode. Again, you equate that with hate . Or you're just trolling me Well played, sir, well played.
I get what aholbert32 is saying and for the most part I think he is right in the point that he is getting at. I think he often words what he says poorly and it often comes out sounding off. Not bashing him or anything. Just my point of view.
Like when he said Looman hates offline.... without explanation. That initially sounds like something the typical madden ***** would say but then later after explaining himself it sounds more correct.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #130
Pro

OVR: 4

Hopefully EA doesn't continue to layeth the smackethdown on offline gamers like me. I am not going online, I've read too many horror stories already.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I think the underlying problem is that due to contractual situations, EA is allowed to take risks and blow the game up what seems to be every three years. There is just no other placed to go for NFL football video games. Now, I'm not going to be "that guy" that starts "that debate" that has happened 1000's of time over the past decade.

However, there is a serious void in the market for a hardcore sim based football game. We are now in the 7-8th version of the "next gen" game, we should have a damn near perfect game. However we are stuck with a reboot that is missing core features that have be apart of sports games for over a decade. You just know when the new systems hit is gonna be the exact same situation. Its just a shame, Madden should be the franchise/Career mode of Head Coach with a refined version of the new physic system.
Madden was never a hardcore sim based football game. It has always been an arcade game that people love to button mash and cheese as I just learned from reading these posts So you can't say this is the 7-8th version.

We've had two versions, Head Coach 06 and Head Coach 09 which really floors me the most about everything going on now. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a hardcore sim market decrying Madden13 yet, where were they in 06 and 09? I still play HC. I bought M13 last week, and I'm going back to it now. Well, I might try a single player locked league for CCM since it may be more adaptable and fixable by the devs.

So while, I have absolutely no interest in a fantasy draft (although starting an expansion franchise has always been a dream of mine), I am encouraged that they can just add something to the online portion of the game. I do not take this as an insult to offline players as the threads are blowing up elsewhere, I just think it's pure logistics to be able to fix what is online only.

I still have hope in the potential of CCM which is why I bought my first Madden since 05, and it has made it a little difficult to go back to HC because there are just enough interesting changes to make HC feel a bit dated, but having to control my QB is a deal breaker, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few who can enjoy the best of both worlds for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #132
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
I'm not a fantasy draft guy. In fact, I could name a couple hundred things that I would rather see added before a fantasy draft. With that said, I have to give EA props for at least listening to a segment of their fans. That's a lot more than most of the other dev teams of sports games that I see drooled over constantly do.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #133
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

The announcement from ea says nothing "official" about offline, but stay tuned. They can't put fantasy draft offline without a patch. They can't announce what's in a patch until its certified. This doesn't seem like a reason for everyone to go on the EA hates offline gamers tirades. Take a breath and consider how much work they have done since release on this game.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #134
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I get what aholbert32 is saying and for the most part I think he is right in the point that he is getting at. I think he often words what he says poorly and it often comes out sounding off. Not bashing him or anything. Just my point of view.
Like when he said Looman hates offline.... without explanation. That initially sounds like something the typical madden ***** would say but then later after explaining himself it sounds more correct.
I get what he and you are saying also, but I just think it's a matter of logistics and the fact they are able to change something at all after release (even if it is just offline for now) is something that should be rejoiced! It isn't a matter of rejecting a portion of the community in favor of another. I think all they will get from these threads is not to ever release anything until they can do it in a patch for all modes at once.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #135
Rookie

Rkmuhammad's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope whenever they patch in Fantasy Draft the have some bug fixes to go with it. I can't believe that things such as playcall style and formation subs not saving haven't been taken care of before a completely new feature was added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #136
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I think the underlying problem is that due to contractual situations, EA is allowed to take risks and blow the game up what seems to be every three years. There is just no other placed to go for NFL football video games. Now, I'm not going to be "that guy" that starts "that debate" that has happened 1000's of time over the past decade.

However, there is a serious void in the market for a hardcore sim based football game. We are now in the 7-8th version of the "next gen" game, we should have a damn near perfect game. However we are stuck with a reboot that is missing core features that have be apart of sports games for over a decade. You just know when the new systems hit is gonna be the exact same situation. Its just a shame, Madden should be the franchise/Career mode of Head Coach with a refined version of the new physic system.
Bold #1- While in many facets, this has been reflected by new announce teams, new presentation packages, etc.- the modes affected by Connected Careers (Franchise, Superstar) have never been held susceptible to these "three-year blow ups", as you called it. Outside of some UI changes and add-on features, they have remained the same concept, the same thing every year. This is the first year any of the career-based game modes have had substantial change in quite some time.

Bold #2- You're looking at the next-gen of career modes in Madden with Connected Careers. This is just my thought process on it, but I'd rather be in v2.0 or v3.0 of Connected Careers when the new consoles hit than v1.0 in two or three years from now. That would be delaying the inevitable and I think EA made a bold, but good decision to get ahead of the curve so that they didn't have to put gamers through the hell period we went through in early Madden games this-gen. I don't think anyone wants to go through that again.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 09-13-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »