Home

Madden 12 - damn it's nice

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - damn it's nice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 12 - damn it's nice

As for D-LINE play, M12 is much better as well. for some reason in M3, it seems like anyone on the left side of the line (left side of tv screen), you can't get any pass rush. I even tried some better rushers on that side like Julius Peppers and nothing.

but in M12, while it's not perfect, at least I can get what I describe as a fair chance to get the QB with a better linemen.

Another thing cosmetically I like about 12 is the non-discrete game call menus and score overlay. They are small and unpronounced and fit nicely. In M13, they are loud and huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Yeah...I think '12 was one of the most hated Maddens.

This is the typical OS attitude to the timeline of Madden's release:

2 months before release - "I'm really looking forward to this, I think they'll finally get it right this year."
2 weeks after release - "This game is amazing!! Best Madden ever!!"
2 months after release - "This game sucks!! Gameplay is broken, online play is broken. Down with EA!"

Thats how it usually was. The difference with '12 was that, in contrast to the ones before it, the game was hated even before its release. And then continued to be hated.
Yeah I gotta disagree. Current ratings on amazon.

Madden 12
3.4 out of 5 stars
5 star 94
4 star 50
3 star 31
2 star 34
1 star 50

Madden 13
2.3 out of 5 stars (402)
5 star 66
4 star 54
3 star 15
2 star 54
1 star 213

Last year they started to go in the right direction in franchise. Now they went in the right direction in gameplay but demolished franchise. I got the game on release day and have played exactly 1 game. I was working on building an online CC team and got bored and took too long and just haven't picked it back up since. Didn't help that ea servers constantly disconnected and forced me to reload. The only thing that I like about CC is the ratings adjusting to scheme since that gets teams to go after the right type of player.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #107
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Madden 13 has the worst physics in a Madden game man. Are you not seeing weird tackles, odd spinning in circles, tackles falling in the wrong directions, players tripping over themselves, falling down after touching a team mate even a little bit, and more? Do you not see how the infinity engine doesn't take weight, momentum(or even direction for that matter) into account?

Physics to me means the game plays out like it should with regarding to weight, momentum, and direction they are moving in. You want to see the best "physics" in a game, it is APF 2k8, and NFL 2k5. If you are really just about physics, go play those games.

Madden 12 has better physics then Madden 13 in it's present shape. Madden 13 is still animation based. I don't really even know how the infinity engine does anything besides falling into people during and post play. The tackles look worse
Wow, "M12 has better physics then Madden 13 in it's present shape." I must be blind or something.I do see where your coming from when you talk about the players tripping over each other after plays and ect. But Id rather deal with that then to have players getting sucked into tackle animations and physic DBs making INTs. That's all I see in M12 show me this amazing game that you speak of because I'd love to play it.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goins
Wow, "M12 has better physics then Madden 13 in it's present shape." I must be blind or something.I do see where your coming from when you talk about the players tripping over each other after plays and ect. But Id rather deal with that then to have players getting sucked into tackle animations and physic DBs making INTs. That's all I see in M12 show me this amazing game that you speak of because I'd love to play it.
I never said Madden 12 was a amazing game, just that IMO currently it is better.

There is more tripping and falling over then just after the play. Are you not seeing people falling the wrong directions on tackles, more then ever? Suction is less, but still there. The infinity physics engine right now is wacky. Madden 13 still uses canned animations, just like madden 12.

In the end, to me madden 12 looks more polished. The major advantage of madden 13 is the new pass traject, and less receiver/defender ball warping. Both have super LBS, but Madden 13 rarely has it, and it is from further down field compared to last year.

Here is a quick picture of a Madden 13 super LB. If you think a 242 LBS linebacker can jump this high, that's your view. this is #52 Vikings, Greenway.

Just my opinion

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-28-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 49

Non painted version:

Here is another beauty.

My wr was almost 20 yards behind this super lb. My qb was 30 yards in front of him. Dude has a insane vertical to grab a ball 20+ yards away from the qb and wr. You play monkey in the middle at 20+ yards away from the qb, and 20+ yards from the wr and see how high you would have to jump. best part is, that guy did it while running backwards, and tilts his body sideways as if he had more jump available to spare....if he stretched out he could cover 2 more extra feet.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-28-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I played 12 today for the first time since 13 came out. Now I like 13 gameplay but 12 is just great as the whole package. The game speed and how the game flows is just perfect. 13 is a bit more frantic which i also like but 12 is paced just right. The graphics and presentation as a whole are great. I miss the team home specific sounds and intros in 13. You'd think that would be easy to port over. And 12 CPU late game ai is 100x better than 13.

13 gameplay is better but 12 isn't that bad. Franchise 12 owns 13. I don't know what to do. I guess keep both and play each? I can't choose one over the other.
I just cant go back to 12...i played it around 4 times since having 13 just to get a feel of the difference and 13 is just waaaaaaaaay more fun and exciting to play. You know..i dont get into all the dissecting of videogames nor do i allow some missing features or modes ruin my desire to have fun and excitement from a game that delivers just that..regardless of its short comings. I can name countless shooters and racing games that fell short of many things i desired but i guess i am the type of gamer that can overlook certain things and take a game for "what it is" and enjoy it for its positives. I can thank my parents i guess for teaching me not to dwell or examine the negative aspects of people, things or places and keep focused on the good things, the positive things of people, things or places...and the end result that created out of me is a gamer that enjoy's videogames that seem fun and exciting to me..which madden 13 is.

Not saying 12 totally sucked but man...13 to me is way more fun to play. I would never go back to any other madden..this year is the first year i ever had fun with a NFL football game since NFL2k5...while its still not on NFL2k5's overall level of fun and excitement while playing...it is the closest NFL football game to match it..again, regardless of whats missing that should be there or the bugs, AI Logic quirks,etc that are current present...i am able to "easily" overlook them....i wish some of you guys were able to do that because some of you guys really miss out on the point of gaming...having fun instead of sitting around dissecting everything going on in a videogame...thats not what the game is meant for..its meant to be played...its a video game..its never EVER going to mimic real life AI Logic, play perfect,etc...sure some things are just "not right" and do detract a bit from the overall experience..but we must go back to the beginning of it all...its a videogame..its there to enjoy not to get stressed all over because of it.

There are games that get 6.5 out of 10 average review scores that i truly enjoy playing...i sit there read all these negative reviews from various dudes that are supposedly professional game reviewers and hear the rants and raves...and i simply sit back, take their words as a grain of salt and i allow myself to go into that game after reading a handful of 6.0-6.5 reviews ..block out what they had to say and go in and find out im having a blast with the game..go figure. Dont get me wrong..there are some crappy games out there.. and i dont always enjoy a 6.5 game...i am just trying to make a point in how i approach gaming.

Last edited by Moegames; 09-28-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I just cant go back to 12...i played it around 4 times since having 13 just to get a feel of the difference and 13 is just waaaaaaaaay more fun and exciting to play. You know..i dont get into all the dissecting of videogames nor do i allow some missing features or modes ruin my desire to have fun and excitement from a game that delivers just that..regardless of its short comings. I can name countless shooters and racing games that fell short of many things i desired but i guess i am the type of gamer that can overlook certain things and take a game for "what it is" and enjoy it for its positives. I can thank my parents i guess for teaching me not to dwell or examine the negative aspects of people, things or places and keep focused on the good things, the positive things of people, things or places...and the end result that created out of me is a gamer that enjoy's videogames that seem fun and exciting to me..which madden 13 is.

Not saying 12 totally sucked but man...13 to me is way more fun to play. I would never go back to any other madden..this year is the first year i ever had fun with a NFL football game since NFL2k5...while its still not on NFL2k5's overall level of fun and excitement while playing...it is the closest NFL football game to match it..again, regardless of whats missing that should be there or the bugs, AI Logic quirks,etc that are current present...i am able to "easily" overlook them....i wish some of you guys were able to do that because some of you guys really miss out on the point of gaming...having fun instead of sitting around dissecting everything going on in a videogame...thats not what the game is meant for..its meant to be played...its a video game..its never EVER going to mimic real life AI Logic, play perfect,etc...sure some things are just "not right" and do detract a bit from the overall experience..but we must go back to the beginning of it all...its a videogame..its there to enjoy not to get stressed all over because of it.

There are games that get 6.5 out of 10 average review scores that i truly enjoy playing...i sit there read all these negative reviews from various dudes that are supposedly professional game reviewers and hear the rants and raves...and i simply sit back, take their words as a grain of salt and i allow myself to go into that game after reading a handful of 6.0-6.5 reviews ..block out what they had to say and go in and find out im having a blast with the game..go figure. Dont get me wrong..there are some crappy games out there.. and i dont always enjoy a 6.5 game...i am just trying to make a point in how i approach gaming.
I agree, I also tried M12 just to see and there is a different feeling about it then M13. M13 you can clearly see the improvement. Sure it's not perfect. But man it is fun to play now then the previous Madden's. Much better gameplay. I'd say a more organic feel. My opinion of course.

I'm like you Moe, trying to see the positives of the game and not dwell on the negatives too much. My only grip and I wish they fix in a patch are the cameras in CCM and if they can add a real coach mode..That's all I ask for, just some features that were in last years M12 that I miss.

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #112
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

The only reason I went back to 12 and sold 13 was b/c I can get a challenge from the cpu in 12. I know it's not the same for everybody but unless I completely ******** my offense there was no way for the cpu to win.

I don't cheese either, I thought the challenge against the cpu on all-pro on offense was pretty good but no matter how I changed my sliders the cpu's offense can't put up points in ccm. In 12 the cpu is actually clever whereas in 13 it's totally predictable.

The fact that 12 has a more functional less buggy franchise mode is just a bonus. I do miss the passing but what's the point if you can't lose?

edit: apparently you can't use the textbook, non-offensive definition of a word that rhymes with shmreetarded.

Last edited by frankstallone83; 09-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »