Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
'
Via player edit you can assign any number to any player as it is right now in M13. So you could already do this, however you can also assign illegal numbers too and it doesn't matter. lol
Yeah, in my last CCM game, the CPU had a #00 on defense and I was like WTF, it was just their DT.

Also seen guys on the CPU teams with 00 as well, usually linebackers but this time it was a DT.

Edit: I notice LBs seems to have the most numbering issues - I guess since there are usually quite a few and the DL usually gets 90's along with LBs, so the numbers are used up fast.

Last edited by KBLover; 03-31-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #74
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Ian Cummings used to say that, along with "Madden players don't want to play full games, or have "mistakes" (like dropped snaps, this was being discussed here with Ian shortly after the Romo XP drop in the playoffs).

This is why I was thrilled to see that whole group of developers leave, they didn't want the Madden I want.

'
Via player edit you can assign any number to any player as it is right now in M13. So you could already do this, however you can also assign illegal numbers too and it doesn't matter. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, in my last CCM game, the CPU had a #00 on defense and I was like WTF, it was just their DT.

Also seen guys on the CPU teams with 00 as well, usually linebackers but this time it was a DT.

Edit: I notice LBs seems to have the most numbering issues - I guess since there are usually quite a few and the DL usually gets 90's along with LBs, so the numbers are used up fast.
Lol, well hell, I don't see anything new that EA can add from these new rules lol. I guess the marketing worked tho. It's April and we're here talking about Madden and NFL rules.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #75
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Like others, I just wish they got the other penalties to work first. I wouldn't care if the number of penalties that were going to happen were a random predetermined number. While the game is loading I wouldn't care if the game decided I would get 8 penalties during the game as long as they were randomized and looked legit while playing. Something is better than nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #76
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't like repeating myself so I'll just quote myself --->

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...legal+touching
10-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'll admit it, I yelled out loud when I first ha this called because I saw my WR step out of bounds and then come back in and catch it. THEN, the Illegal Touch was called and I was like... way...to...go.

P.S. Who's the grinch going around giving threads a single star rating? I mean, yeah, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just feels like someone gets their jollies by giving threads single stars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I gave this one a single star vote...

1- it's been posted already (ages ago)
2- I can't believe people are praising the game for getting this penalty right when it's missing so many others
3-It's a football rule that should be in a football game...I mean BackBreaker has it.

4-
When this post was originally created, I stayed away because I could tell what the reaction was going to be (at least my reaction)...laughable. No this isn't big news and many are simply hungry for any news at all, but really at this stage of the game if we're talking up penalty corrections and implementation of new rules, then Madden truly is a lost cause.

You know what would have impressed me about this news? If it somehow indicated that there would be smarter penalties in the game. Penalties are a huge part of real football. It's a strategy for some players and a useful tool for others. A smart player would rather get a penalty than get beat on a play, and the more cunning players use the rules to their advantage and ride the thin lines between skill, happenstance, and opportunity. Will Madden ever scrape that level of depth? I don't think it's even on their radar.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 04-02-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #77
Just started!

OVR: 0
Well, they've still barely added unnecessary roughness, and haven't added late hit, kicking, all that kind of stuff, so if you're going to add new rules put the ones that have been here for a long time in it to, please.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theawesomeone
Well, they've still barely added unnecessary roughness, and haven't added late hit, kicking, all that kind of stuff, so if you're going to add new rules put the ones that have been here for a long time in it to, please.
Late hit/Unnecessary roughness on the QB is in the game but we all get your point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »