Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

Sorry to pile on here, but what about the old rules?!?!

Pass Interference is you know, like a pretty significant rule in the NFL; has been for a while now.

We're on Madden 25...

That's 25! And still can't get a defensive PI called in this series.

Don't know whether to LOL or SMH.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Here's hoping you are on point and not just smoking the good stuff.

It's incredible how penalties have never been addressed properly in Madden yet they play such a vital role to the real life game. Boggling.
Well to be fair, this Madden team did add "illegal touch" to M13, preventing players from running out of bounds, namely receivers, then coming back in to catch the ball without a flag. This tactic was rampant online prior to M13, so hoping that was a prelude of more working penalties for M25.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

In before--

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
So lets add new rules while the existing ones aren't there or are, but broken?

Why does Madden always add layers to the house without stabilizing it's foundation? How many times have they said that to us, "we need to rip out the old broken code and do it again...blah blah"

What's going to trigger this, truck sticking? Ugh.

oops, too late.

- Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Honestly I don't think any of us(those not already pleased with Madden) should be excited or hopeful until we see what they're planning for next gen. This gen was almost a complete waste and I can't see Madden 25 turning that all around. Once I see what they have set up for next gen(in reality not target renders) I can draw some kind of conclusion on where Madden is headed and how excited I should be. I almost just want to skip right into the next gen, I'm so sick of what we've gotten thus far.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly I don't think any of us(those not already pleased with Madden) should be excited or hopeful until we see what they're planning for next gen. This gen was almost a complete waste and I can't see Madden 25 turning that all around. Once I see what they have set up for next gen(in reality not target renders) I can draw some kind of conclusion on where Madden is headed and how excited I should be. I almost just want to skip right into the next gen, I'm so sick of what we've gotten thus far.
I understand your frustation, but I feel if they add some realistic stuff to the table in Madden 25 and it works, then maybe the future on NG will be brighter.

We'll be finding out shortly.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
My main interest in M25 for these consoles stems from my hope that whatever is in that, will be implemented better for M25 on G4 consoles, if there is one. Maybe, just maybe, all the good ideas on paper for M13 and potentially M25 on these consoles, are able to be more refined and realistic on the new consoles. I envision it being like when all the next-gen Madden's were completely different playing games from the last gen starting in 2005, only in the reverse. So M25 on the current consoles could be "more of the same" due to whatever legacy issues but M25 on G4 consoles could play like an entirely different game.

I will be "hyped" about IE 2.0, new player movement, OL/DL interaction, etc, announced for M25 for the prospect of those things being in a potential G4 M25. It will be like this entire gen where I have been "hyped" by whatever NCAA Football announced first, that might carry over to Madden.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 11

This 'news' is utterly meaningless given that penalties now don't work as they should. So now they add more penalties that won't work....makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #56
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My main interest in M25 for these consoles stems from my hope that whatever is in that, will be implemented better for M25 on G4 consoles, if there is one.
Please for the love of all that's good man, stop saying G4 consoles lol. Some of us old heads know that the next gen of consoles will be more like G6 or G7 of consoles lol.

Now on to the topic at hand. Let's look at each new rule implemented:

- Removal of the Tuck Rule - Since the tuck rule wasn't in the game in the first place, this has no bearing on this years Madden.

- Peel Back Blocks are Now Illegal - Note: They were illegal outside the tackle box before, but now they are illegal everywhere on the field. Once again, Madden didn't have peel back blocks in it outside of kick returns, so this does not affect the game. FYI - peel back block is when a player is facing his own goal line and blocks a defender, kinda like those blind side hits you see on kick returns.

- Video Review is Now Allowed When a Coach Throws a Challenge Flag Illegally - Once again, in Madden you are not allowed to throw the challenge flag except when it is warranted. You have no opportunity to throw a flag on a automatic review. This rule, has no bearing on Madden.

- RB's Can Not Lead With the Crown of Their Helmet in the Open Field - This will be interesting to see how they implement it because this would make pressing up on the right stick(lowering your head) useless because it would be a penalty. I guess EA could make it a risk/reward thing were you could lower and get more yards at the risk of getting a penalty, but I highly doubt the NFL would allow them to have players lowering their head without a penalty, especially with all the attention this rule has got.

- TE's and HB's Can Now Wear No's 40-49 - I can honestly say that this is really the only new rule that I am confident that EA can get into the game right lol. Basically because it requires very little new programming lol.

Looking at each individual rule, I agree with the poster that said that this is all about marketing. Most of the rule changes applied to rules that either weren't in Madden to begin with or are not possible in Madden anyway. Now it's totally possible that Madden will add new animations to add these rules into the game, but, looking at their past track record, I highly doubt that will happen.

Having said that, I do believe that they ARE working on the existing penalties as well for Madden 25. I have been playing Madden for a long time and one thing I know, is that they wouldn't be putting real refs in the game without some kind of focus penalties. Will it be enough or will they get it right? I don't know, but I know there will be some kind of focus on them. As for this story here? purely marketing. Marketing for the NFL and their rule change and marketing for Madden and how it's got the "rule changes" in the game.

All you guys getting all worked up about this stuff. Relax. One thing you should know by now is don't believe anything you see or read until you see it in the vids that will be taken during E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »