Home

Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 25 Developers Are Working On Implementing New NFL Rules

we'll see how positive everyone is about "player safety" penalties when everytime a big hit is made or you run someone over its called back for a 15 yard penalty ..its a stupid rule decision in real life and even dumber to implement in this game..

you cant tell a running back to NOT put his head down and fight for more yards "outside the tackles". its instinct for protection to lower you shoulders to protect yourself and as far as i know everyone on this planets head lowers when their shoulders are dropped..its insanity, and absolutely is going to be a CIRCUS when these boneheaded referees try and differentiate what is and isnt a penalty AT FULL SPEED.

dont get me wrong im all for concussion awareness and being careful when it comes to head injuries but football is loved in this country for a reason. that being violent collisions at full speed of all shapes and varieties. when they start getting away from that is when they make it the same as a local neighborhood flag football league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

While I don't really care for the rule change, I'm glad to see Tiburon taking note of it and trying to find ways to implement it in the game. As others have said, I just hope that they work on penalties overall. They can really change the feel and momentum of a game, and they have been absent from Madden for FAR too long. I just hope next gen they have a sim first approach and gets away from this fast action on-line COD feel. Games can be made to play like that, but a game like that can hardly be made into a sim.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #27
Rookie

I3raiNfreezE's Arena

OVR: 4
One thing EA has to do regarding penalties is change ’clipping’ to ’illegal block in the back.’ Am I the only one whos never heard ’clipping’ in an NFL game?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 32
I will be glad if we could just get PI back in the game...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #29
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3raiNfreezE
One thing EA has to do regarding penalties is change ’clipping’ to ’illegal block in the back.’ Am I the only one whos never heard ’clipping’ in an NFL game?
i have, once. maybe twice
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They can't even get offensive PI in the game.

How confident should one be that they get this one right?
cosign. penalties have never worked correctly in this game. EA will just add a new penalty slider. Based on strong data from previous versions of Madden, I could safely say that it wont work. I have no faith with Madden and NFL rules, penalties etc.
it will be all cosmetic.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #31
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
C'mon (some of you) guys, this announcement is NOT about gameplay, or simulation, or development, or Tiburon getting its act together, this is all about and ONLY about marketing. Marketing. Marketing. Madden is a marketing tool that the NFL can use to send whatever message about the league that Roger deems necessary. In this case, it's safety and the new safety rules. Again, this is ALL about the NFL putting a marketing message out, NOT an indication that the developer is FINALLY trying to improve how it incorporates penalties in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #32
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »