Home

I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

This is a discussion on I will still boycott madden football for no PC version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #65
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

I'm not a game developer, so I can't speak with too much authority on the technical aspects, but I really see no technical reason why games can't be cross platform when it comes to online multiplayer. It shouldn't come down to architecture of the hardware - that is really only important if you're talking making the same media work across platforms.

Platform independence in software interacting with other software has been around for a while. It's why APIs were invented. The introduction of 3D rendering into the equation is only relevant to the local system - the data being thrown around in a typical multiplayer session is on a layer well above hardware (e.g. player health, hitbox hits, stats etc - all just numbers and data structures).

So I suspect the roadblock is "political" more than anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
If the architectures are going to be so similar - EA should make the games so that 720 users can compete against PS4 gamers and PC gamers...

I realize there are obstacles, but Skyrim you can mod on PC and then "save" that mod into 360 and thus use PC mods (granted only ones the 360 can handle) on your 360...
Doing so would require Sony and MS's networks to talk to one another. That won't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »