Home

I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

This is a discussion on I will still boycott madden football for no PC version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

I will still will not buy this crap of a game for not being fair to all systems. It's been too long since a PC version has been on the market, and its sad that the same excuses continue to be used.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

I agree totally. At least with a PC version we would be able to make modifications to the game. NBA 2k13 PC is the BEST sports game available due to how active the online community has been
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree. There are a lot of programmers that would be able to make modifications to correct a lot of the mistakes we see in the game. I also think EA would see an increase in sales for the PC market. I do a lot of traveling and it would be way more convenient to have the game on my laptop to play during downtime instead of lugging around the 360. It doesn't make sense to me why they do not want to tap into that market.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4
It doesn't make sense to me why they do not want to tap into that market.
I would also like a PC option, but I (reluctantly) understand why they don't make one...

Guys are STILL playing the last Madden for PC (2008) and the company's concern is people "standing pat" with a version they already own, as opposed to having them buy a new iteration EVERY year...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

There are a lot of reasons I would say they don't want to develop a title for the PC... I will simply say that EA disappoints me on an annual basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
There are a lot of reasons I would say they don't want to develop a title for the PC... I will simply say that EA disappoints me on an annual basis.
Kudos to that. EA disappoints most all consumers. Stunned me years ago that they took the game off the PC. It's not like they even used to next gen setup. 08 was still run off the ps2 system port. It doesn't cost them much at all to port it o the PC. I think honestly that the developers and programmers don't want to be shown up by consumers that can program and fix the mistakes they can't. Happened in 07 and 08. An example of that could have been in NCAA 12 with the tendency glitch. I bet if it were on PC, it would have been fixed by the public instead of the head team saying "Oh wait till next years and it'll be fixed."

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Kudos to that. EA disappoints most all consumers. Stunned me years ago that they took the game off the PC. It's not like they even used to next gen setup. 08 was still run off the ps2 system port. It doesn't cost them much at all to port it o the PC. I think honestly that the developers and programmers don't want to be shown up by consumers that can program and fix the mistakes they can't. Happened in 07 and 08. An example of that could have been in NCAA 12 with the tendency glitch. I bet if it were on PC, it would have been fixed by the public instead of the head team saying "Oh wait till next years and it'll be fixed."
The fact that PC gamers can make changes and then make them available to 360 consoles (Skyrim) is, IMO, exactly why they don't make the game for PC anymore.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
It doesn't cost them much at all to port it o the PC.
This doesn't begin to be true when one considers all possible hardware configurations of a PC, even limiting the operating system to just Windows 8.

It's much easier to develop for two static hardware configurations than a potentially infinite amount. Even if many hardware components these days are architecturally similar, they still aren't identical, and where there's hardware variation the potential for some sort of low-level incompatibility arises.

I was a big fan of the PC version as well - I ran two dynasties on here using Madden 06 PC and Madden 08 PC - but I can begin to understand why EA doesn't make them. I hope their tune changes with next-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »