Home

Signature Animations: Where's the Love?

This is a discussion on Signature Animations: Where's the Love? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #49
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Signature Animations: Where's the Love?

I can't wait for the day when people can put together Madden signature vids of that quality

Getting the Qbs mannerisms down is a bare minimum must. I want to see Tom Brady and Peyton curl up into the fetal position to avoid the big hit every once in a while....Likewise I want to see Ben fight guys off an extend the play

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #50
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

I can't wait for the day when people can put together Madden signature vids of that quality

Getting the Qbs mannerisms down is a bare minimum must. I want to see Tom Brady and Peyton curl up into the fetal position to avoid the big hit every once in a while....Likewise I want to see Ben fight guys off an extend the play
TOO SICK. I pray for the day we have an NFL game that can come close or equal that in terms of looking realistic. Man I'd have trouble getting out, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

It would be nice to see. As it is, players are just different skins.

Little things like Phillip Rivers' unconventional delivery, Eli Manning doing that weird neck twitch thing, Brees' hyperactive bouncing, Brady getting enraged at himself for screwing up, Peyton flopping to avoid taking a massive hit... They'd add a ton of personality to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #52
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the key is having these signature animations have an effect on how the player plays too.

If a guy has a long stride running animation, then it should really affect route running ability and acceleration, likewise with short stride and its own weaknesses.

QBs throw styles should affect how fast they get the ball out. At the moment Tebow's throw style isn't significantly longer than Rodgers' and Leftwich's infamous throw style isn't even in the game.

The way a QB holds the ball should make a small impact on their carry rating, both in the pocket and in the open field. A guy carries the ball like a loaf of bread when scrambling? Carry rating should suffer and more fumbles should happen. A guy holds the ball at his stomach when in the pocket and a clean hit from behind should help that ball come loose more often than if he holds it up by his chin.

Drop back styles should differ too so that a guy with an elite footwork rating (mentioned this a milion times) would get to the 7 step drop faster than a guy with sloppy footwork, meaning you can get rid of the ball earlier and on time.
Likewise for DBs, although tied into acc and agi, it would determine how well they can turn and chase a WR who is on a go or break on a ball.

They also, most crucially, especially with the presence of pre created draft classes... Add these in as scoutable traits and abilities, so that you can select a guy who fits what you are looking for in a player. I want my 1st OVR QB to have great fundamentals and ratings, I want to know if he is left or right handed. I want to know if my 6,2 WR in the 2nd round has the run style to suit his great looking acceleration or if my 5,10 CB can atone for his lack of height with great technique and instincts (play the ball trait visible) etc.

The key difference is how these will actually be different. Will a WR coming out have drops open passes or not? Will a guy come out with 4 star consistency despite lower ratings than someone else? I want to be able to differentiate between prospects and draft a team of guys that fit my style and these styles to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. At the moment every rookie comes out with 0 consistency, sure hands (never drops open passes), all stock throwing animations and run styles.

This needs to change at the minimum to not only create a more immersive game but to make it play realistically too, beyond season one of CCM/Connected Franchise.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #53
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I think the key is having these signature animations have an effect on how the player plays too.

If a guy has a long stride running animation, then it should really affect route running ability and acceleration, likewise with short stride and its own weaknesses.

QBs throw styles should affect how fast they get the ball out. At the moment Tebow's throw style isn't significantly longer than Rodgers' and Leftwich's infamous throw style isn't even in the game.

The way a QB holds the ball should make a small impact on their carry rating, both in the pocket and in the open field. A guy carries the ball like a loaf of bread when scrambling? Carry rating should suffer and more fumbles should happen. A guy holds the ball at his stomach when in the pocket and a clean hit from behind should help that ball come loose more often than if he holds it up by his chin.

Drop back styles should differ too so that a guy with an elite footwork rating (mentioned this a milion times) would get to the 7 step drop faster than a guy with sloppy footwork, meaning you can get rid of the ball earlier and on time.
Likewise for DBs, although tied into acc and agi, it would determine how well they can turn and chase a WR who is on a go or break on a ball.

They also, most crucially, especially with the presence of pre created draft classes... Add these in as scoutable traits and abilities, so that you can select a guy who fits what you are looking for in a player. I want my 1st OVR QB to have great fundamentals and ratings, I want to know if he is left or right handed. I want to know if my 6,2 WR in the 2nd round has the run style to suit his great looking acceleration or if my 5,10 CB can atone for his lack of height with great technique and instincts (play the ball trait visible) etc.

The key difference is how these will actually be different. Will a WR coming out have drops open passes or not? Will a guy come out with 4 star consistency despite lower ratings than someone else? I want to be able to differentiate between prospects and draft a team of guys that fit my style and these styles to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. At the moment every rookie comes out with 0 consistency, sure hands (never drops open passes), all stock throwing animations and run styles.

This needs to change at the minimum to not only create a more immersive game but to make it play realistically too, beyond season one of CCM/Connected Franchise.
I really dig these ideas man...would def be ways to separate the players.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #54
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

i would love to see these ideas implemented into the game. the NFL probably isnt going for it. wouldnt be surprised if they have an agreement with EA to keep the game "all about the team". they might not have alot of room to input player signature moves and celebrations. Hell, in real life u get flagged for taking your helmet off or celebrating too much. wouldnt be surprised if they have something to do with it. its all about the shield. they dont care about a throwing motion or run style. sucks, but could be true. just a thought.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #55
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
i would love to see these ideas implemented into the game. the NFL probably isnt going for it. wouldnt be surprised if they have an agreement with EA to keep the game "all about the team". they might not have alot of room to input player signature moves and celebrations. Hell, in real life u get flagged for taking your helmet off or celebrating too much. wouldnt be surprised if they have something to do with it. its all about the shield. they dont care about a throwing motion or run style. sucks, but could be true. just a thought.
I don't think that is it. The NFL promotes big time players as it is good for the league. As to celebrations - they are in the Wii version of the game, which granted is a arcade game, but still if it was the NFL saying "EA no celebrations now, don't ruin our image" - then those would not be in any version of the game.

Time to stop providing EA with excuses, we should clamour for what we want and force them to do it or at least say on their end why they can't do it - rather than us speculating what the NFL will and won't allow....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #56
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I mean it's gotta be the tech for this gen right? Because I can't see somebody mo-capping this catch animation, lol. I've never really seen anyone, let alone a professional athlete catch a ball like this. Just doesn't look natural. And I know they can capture good animations, because the sig throws looked pretty damn good. It's just ALOT of inconsistency in the animation department.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »