Home

What is it with some of these kids online?

This is a discussion on What is it with some of these kids online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is it with some of these kids online?

Earlier today I played some kid that was running all around with Andrew Luck and going for it every single time on fourth down. Eventually, tied 24-24 with about two minutes left, I got the ball after he attempted an onside kick. Starting at the 40 yard line, naturally I would run the ball until I either scored a touchdown or kicked a field goal.

Long story short, I broke free for like a 20 yard run with about 40 seconds left that would've been a touchdown, but I dove short of the goal line in order to guarantee my win with a field goal. I thought it was a smart, headsy move on my part.

This kid plugs in his microphone and starts screaming at the top of his lungs at me for "playing like a scared *****." Scared? Yeah. More like smart.

I bring this up because consistently I am seeing a culture online that values "the easy way" over "the right way." Kids online prefer exploits and unrealistic play to a more realistic, sim style.

Is it any wonder why the makers of Madden ignore the sim fans, and instead cater to the fans that prefer an arcade style?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

Kids? There are 30 and 40 year olds who play this game and will threaten to kill you, **** your mother, rape your children and many other outrageous things.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

The above post is 100% correct. It is just the culture we live in nowadays. The kids who do this are only the byproduct of the same people our age (speaking as a 24 year old) or older that reward the younger generation for behavoir like this. You can do anything to anyone nowadays living behind the protection of the Internet.

Now enough about that aspect of it.

The reason you see this so much from COD and Madden and other games of the sort are that the games are made with the arcadey put all your time into this game finding the exploits (money plays, camping, ect.) and you can win every time. All this is, is a product of sore losers and sore winners. Had he won you probably would have got a message saying some derogatory thing about your mother.

Sadly until Madden starts to move away from the arcade audience and making it so anybody can win with money plays, nano blitzes, and cheese tactics. You will continue to get the same type of people and the same type of reactions when you win AND lose.

This is why the only time I play online is when I have my tv on mute, music on, and expect a cheap game where I try to see if I can beat the cheesers by playing in a simulation type manner (punting on 4th, no nanos, etc) and get surprised and happy when I actually face a decent player who plays realistically.

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-03-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

This is exactly why I don't play online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
This is exactly why I don't play online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Agreed. One of the many reasons I only play offline. I play when I want, don't have to deal with these unreasonable folks, and just immerse myself in my Madden universe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Isn't this the norm for random online games?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

A few years of playing online in the PS2 generation was enough for me. I haven't played a football game online since. Some people may find me stubborn, old-fashioned, or an idiot, but I would much rather play against the CPU, my buddies, or my brother in the comfort of my own living room.

It's something where we can still enjoy each other's actual company, joke around, and open up a few bags of potato chips while we play a video game, instead of preparing for hell by playing some a-hole who spends 24-48 hours straight playing these games just to expose every exploit they can find.

I just don't get the craze in most video game genres, but especially football. And despite the flaws, I would still prefer to face off against the CPU at my own leisure, tweaking sliders to give me the most realistic sim-style challenge that I can enjoy.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earth Blues
I bring this up because consistently I am seeing a culture online that values "the easy way" over "the right way." Kids online prefer exploits and unrealistic play to a more realistic, sim style.
It's not just an online culture. It's all over everyday society too. Just go for a 15-minute drive to anywhere and count the number of people that get pissed at another driver or break a law on the road because they're in too much of a hurry to care about their fellow man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »