Home

NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

This is a discussion on NEW MADDEN PREVIEW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2004, 09:34 AM   #89
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

Quote:

ADW said:
I haven't seen formation shifts in a football video game since Tecmo Bowl and NFL 94 Starring Joe Montana. This feature is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue. The Redskins and Joe Gibbs use to us formation shifts and motions on nearly every play they ran. Other teams today use quite a bit of formation shifting, including the Tampa Bay Buccanners.

I agree...I have been screaming about this for over 3 years now. It's about time EA!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:22 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why does everyone expect things to be so perfect when the game is still so early in development....for goodness sake E3 hasn't even arrived yet.You people are acting like the videos you've seen is the finished product and it's not.Now if this was july or something you could be a little concerned but it's at the beginning of May, give the game a chance.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #91
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Um, all i said when i pointed out all the flaws in the vid was that i was more skeptical now (how can you not be) then before.

I want to see more gameplay vids to see how often things like that occur, but to pretend they didn't happen or make yourself feel better by saying its early is foolish.

Just acknowledge the flaws and see if they are improved in the upcoming vids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 12:47 PM   #92
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

tikibarber said:
Why does everyone expect things to be so perfect when the game is still so early in development....for goodness sake E3 hasn't even arrived yet.You people are acting like the videos you've seen is the finished product and it's not.Now if this was july or something you could be a little concerned but it's at the beginning of May, give the game a chance.

Well the fact that the gameplay has been basically the same even though the tiburon producers have kept on saying that things have been changed and made more realistic but they never are tends to make people cautious.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Erratic said:
Um, all i said when i pointed out all the flaws in the vid was that i was more skeptical now (how can you not be) then before.

I want to see more gameplay vids to see how often things like that occur, but to pretend they didn't happen or make yourself feel better by saying its early is foolish.

Just acknowledge the flaws and see if they are improved in the upcoming vids.

It's also foolish too acknowlegde flaws when you haven't completed the product.Thats like building a car and people going crazy because the doors aren't on it.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #94
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

lol the only people going crazy are the ones who refuse to acknowledge the flaws. All i said was that i am more skeptical now, its impossible to not be. You saw flaws, what did you close you eyes right before all the parts i mentioned?

I mean come on now, how can people be so stubborn that they want to pretend things didn't happen or blame other people for pointing them out.

I didn’t say madden was bad, heck i didn’t even bring up ESPN, i jumped to no conclusions other than the fact i am more worried than before i saw the vid.

Why don’t you open up your eyes when you watch the video instead of hounding people who actually care about how the game they want to play will turn out.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:07 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
I think the CORE gameplay will be the same but the promised changes on defense will hopefully end those moments you talk about.

I know I would yell at my TV at least once a game due to the big play factor

Man, yelling doesn't even come close to my situation. I've been like someone getting a nervous breakdown and if anybody had seen me I'd be in some therapy right now.

Looking at those spin-make three guys miss-run for 70 yards plays or something similar resulting in a play bigger than life damn near every game has gotten me closest I've ever been to understanding someone who's about to commit a suicide.

..yeah, i'm crazy..

So I really hope the defensive improvements have eliminated this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 8

Why's there fighting going on over the videos. They aren't worth sh*t to make any statements or even observations. And we don't know anything yet about how the franchise improvements are going to be in the game.

Why fight now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »