Home

NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

This is a discussion on NEW MADDEN PREVIEW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2004, 03:22 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

You guys are analyzing videos of a game that isn't even in beta yet. A game NOBODY here has played and making judgements on it.

I hope baseball season has taught us NOT to overanalyze videos, hell nobody even believes reviews these days. So don't tell me the gameplay is the same as '04 cuz the damn pocket looks like this or that. Please you don't have any idea how it plays...and either do I?

We'll learn more from E3, but even then the only time you're gonna know squat about ANY of these games is when YOU play it.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #98
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

wow, we see a gameplay video and people want to ignore all the bad things that happen in it.

I dont beleive anyone here is trashing madden, they are simply making constructive critism.

we have the right to critic games and point out the things that annoy us.
If it wasn't for critics, you would still be playing Atari 2600. Public opinion and criticizing is what has changed the game industry.

Its disturbing that there are people on the boards that want to ignore aspects of a gameplay vid.

Wouldn't it make more sence to take notice of whats wrong with this vid and than see of it occurs in the next vid and so on until we are watching a nearly finished version of the game. Becasue that seems to be what everyone who noticed something wrong with this vid is trying to do.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 4

I'll be happy as long as the Super Bowl feels different from a regular season game.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #100
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Aren't people going to need a hard drive for the franchise stuff?
Old 05-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

Erratic said:
lol the only people going crazy are the ones who refuse to acknowledge the flaws. All i said was that i am more skeptical now, its impossible to not be. You saw flaws, what did you close you eyes right before all the parts i mentioned?

I mean come on now, how can people be so stubborn that they want to pretend things didn't happen or blame other people for pointing them out.

I didn’t say madden was bad, heck i didn’t even bring up ESPN, i jumped to no conclusions other than the fact i am more worried than before i saw the vid.

Why don’t you open up your eyes when you watch the video instead of hounding people who actually care about how the game they want to play will turn out.

yeah the game looks nice, but there's nothing special to me.

1) The Roy Williams pick where he clobbers the guy and almost breaks his back, Notice the WR is still holding the ball tightly. I want that damn ball to pop out. I want some more hits by the DBs that break up the ball better.

2) I'm still concerned that they have not implmented Head Tracking. I love this feature and don't understand how its not the 1st thing you include this year.

3) its still the same coverages and catches in double and triple team.

The new features sound great, But come one guys, what in those videos "blows you away" so much? They look nice, but the way some people are making it sound, I was expecting a lot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

want some more hits by the DBs that break up the ball better.

they said the nfl wont allow them to have hits where injuries can occur...if the ball were to pop out...it could imply he was physically injured and couldnt catch the ball
Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 6

This wasn't even a blowout preview like ESPNs 4 page or how ever many pages it was.. it was a page about the franchise. They still haven't had the big release of info yet.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #104
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

want some more hits by the DBs that break up the ball better.

they said the nfl wont allow them to have hits where injuries can occur...if the ball were to pop out...it could imply he was physically injured and couldnt catch the ball

Don't listen to everything ea tells you. If that was true then there would be no injuries in-game at all. And just because the ball pops out does not mean that a player is injured. It just means that they dropped the ball or fumbled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »