Home

Madden vs. NCAA and dont even.....

This is a discussion on Madden vs. NCAA and dont even..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 04:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden vs. NCAA and dont even.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
.........mention the fact NCAA's presentation, franchise/dynasty, sound, commentary are better. I want to know which ones GAMEPLAY is better. Which one do you enjoy better 1) running up the middle (ie less mario running)

2) playing defense and being able to make an impact with your controlled player-particularly linebacker for the run and safety for the pass.
The games are not even close. Madden is by far the better game of football.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:16 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudr
The games are not even close. Madden is by far the better game of football.
Daudr wouldn't lie to you and he happens to be right. Shockingly (to me), I like this game better than ESPN as well.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:32 PM   #19
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
.........mention the fact NCAA's presentation, franchise/dynasty, sound, commentary are better. I want to know which ones GAMEPLAY is better. Which one do you enjoy better 1) running up the middle (ie less mario running)

2) playing defense and being able to make an impact with your controlled player-particularly linebacker for the run and safety for the pass.
To be honest I would have to admit that Maddens Gameplay is superior to NCAA's but for me it doesn't really matter. I will play Madden more this year than last year but NCAA is still gonna get most of my play.

You just cant beat College football. So I guess it could come down to a question of what you enjoy more...College? or Pro?

Nascar: #88 Junior
Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

My $.02

I enjoy both games for their own reasons, and for the same I like certain aspects from each.. Right now I would have to say I am going to stick with Madden cuz after a few more games of getting my feet wet, I am going to do a Fantasy Draft which is just the best feature in any football game. Draft and creat your own team, what more can you ask for...

Well, Here is what I can ask for.. A Combo of NCAA and Madden... The best way to know you are playing Madden rather than NCAA... You shut down the CPU in a defensive battle for 3 quarters, and heres comes the CPU in the 4th Quarter, Jay Fiedler looks like Joe Montana running the 20 second Hurry up offense downfield... At least in NCAA you may beat up on the weak teams, but YOU SHOULD... When you play a top 10 school, you KNOW you are playing a tough game and you have to fight for your points. If it wasn't for the extreemly poor WR catching & slowdown problems in NCAA I think I would go back sooner rather than later...

It took me about 7 months to go back to NCAA 2k4 from Madden 2k4, I would imagine a good 7 - 8 months of play on Madden, its really a good game, just different from NCAA... If you are a fan and can deal with typical "Madden programming" you will love it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »