Home

WOW read this review of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on WOW read this review of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:06 AM   #9
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: WOW read this review of Madden 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueFootball
good review in my opinion.
I think that pretty much sums up the value of your opinion.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
good review in my opinion. he basically called out the biggest flaws in the game. but to be honest guys i know u love madden to death but its not the best football game this year. espn football is the best and its here to stay..

I don't know which comments are more laughable...
Old 08-13-2004, 12:11 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

how did you ever find something as pathetic as that review?

besides the cheerleaders and some flickering I don't think anything in that reveiw is true at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 12:11 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

hey i think madden is good but its not in the same league as espn when it comes to graphics, presentation, gang tackles, running game, passing game and the only flaw in the gameplay for espn is the db play but it takes time to ge the timing down. i am now good at defending the pass. but madden the qb throws all weird and to hard . every qb has the same abilities besides the running. its just an arcade type game. the best thing he said was that the d.b have un realistic recovery speed and thats the whole defensive strategy// the d.b recover real fast and jump higher the vince carter with 20 pounds of equipment. lol
Old 08-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #13
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
hey i think madden is good but its not in the same league as espn when it comes to graphics, presentation, gang tackles, running game, passing game and the only flaw in the gameplay for espn is the db play but it takes time to ge the timing down. i am now good at defending the pass. but madden the qb throws all weird and to hard . every qb has the same abilities besides the running. its just an arcade type game. the best thing he said was that the d.b have un realistic recovery speed and thats the whole defensive strategy// the d.b recover real fast and jump higher the vince carter with 20 pounds of equipment. lol
Well, I have both games also, and I think Madden has a lot more up on ESPN than that.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:17 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
watch the replay their feet never get 1 1/2 feet off the ground.. gang tackles don't don't excuse the horrible db AI and glitches in ESPN. You are obviously really biased. The ball physichs are much much better than ESPN and QBs can't all throw the deep ball anymore, some won't ever get a deep pass, they have to have very good power to do it now and power has alot to do with catching the ball as you are being hit, if its thrown very hard the WR will more often than not hold onto it unless JP or Ray Lewis hits them. Accuracy really comes into play now in the long pass and alot of QBs cannot throw at all on the run, it does matter what QB you have, as much as it does in ESPN. I can win against any team on Legend in ESPN with TIM Hasslebeck except the Pats because Dillon breaks a billion tackles for some reason.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:25 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

ok besides the franchise wich does not make the game. its the least of my worries cuz who in reality plays 30 seasons. most people just sim and thats no fun cuz u dont play. but in gameplay. i will tell you what i love about madden and what i love about espn.

madden

the ability to call out blocks when you run with the ball. the ability to direct a receiver to an open spot. the other defensive features are all in espn also. ohh and the formation sub is also a great thing. but thats it when it comes to gameplay..

what i dont like is the qb throwing motions when he is facing the oposite side of the field and he throws the ball on a rope to the receiver without looking. when a player catches the ball in a goaline pass and scores he walks through the rail were the fans sit and he disapperars. all passes are 100 mph. the d.bs jump higher then any human can. i had joey galloway on a flag pattern and he got a step on a linebacker from the saints and the linebacker warped so fast to me that he caught me from behind. another linebacker jumped about 8 yrsd to deflect a pass. just unrealistic in my opinion.

espn

i love the running unlike madden when a runner hits his own lineman he pushes through and not like madden were the pinball affect comes out. the tackles are just a thing of beauty in espn/ the passing is sweet and the play action animation is the best of any game ever. you can hit a runner and come with another one and finish the tackle.

what i dont like about espn is the you cannot get a blocker to block for you when you are running behind them and the d.b's take bad angles at times to the ball. but with the sliders i got now the game is much better. now thats just gameplay thoughts. let me not even get into the graphics and presentation cuz its not match
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #16
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Let's not turn this into another Madden vs ESPN war.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »