Home

WOW read this review of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on WOW read this review of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: WOW read this review of Madden 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
that was ridiculous, lost all crediblity when he started dropping F bombs and sexual phrases. i mean come on is this guy 12? i have madden and espn and i been playing madden alot more. but they are both great games. its just a matter of opinion its as simple as that. however the MVP comment really erks me, baseball is my favorite sports, and i have played my whole life from t-ball to college ball. and i have also played almost every baseball videogame in between, and i have to say MVP is the most accurate representation of baseball i have ever played. i still play it everyday, at least one game a day. and i havent done that since world series baseball 98 on saturn.
I read an article where they were talking to major league players and they were commenting on MVP and how good it is. And everybody knows which football game NFL players choose and some of their comments about the other game. I guess those guys dont know what they're talking about either.

I'll take some computer geek's opinion over a pro athlete who actually plays the sport..........LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 12:49 PM   #42
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

That guy that runs that site is a totally @ss and he just made that his site.....well wanna be somthing site is of no more.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

The review should be more professional but I agree with his review. I think the gameplay for Madden 2004 was a better sim outside the safety play. I see more people attacking his site/professionalism versus his points he made in his review.

Peace

PS
I had Madden 2005 since Monday and I am still giving it a chance.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #44
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Even though this guy is obviously biased against EA/MAdden, I have to agree with his review, but I don't HATE madden, at least NOT YET, if ever. I have had Madden since monday aug. 9, and almost everything he said is true and I have seen it happen in front of my eyes. I've seen the DB/WR glide like Michael Jordan, I've heard about the messed up simmed stats around the forums, I've seen the jacked up graphics and the horrible cheerleaders.

I'm still giving this game a chance and plan to play the franchise mode because everyone knows the franchise is better than ESPN's! I have ESPN and so far I honestly like ESPN's gameplay better because it plays more like a real nfl game to me. I'm not trying to bash on Madden, just giving my honest take on what the Sportsreviewer said. I dare you guys to check up on his points and tell me if they are true or not, I'm sure most of his points are true if you really pay attention. But they are only game killers to biased people and it's a matter of opinion. So either enjoy this game or do whatever.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

the truth has finally been told
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I just read the "review", and I have to say it's one of the finest satirical pieces I've ever read. The writer has perfectly captured the sheer stupidity of "fanboy journalism"...what? He was serious?!!

Never mind.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #47
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Actually, the old Periscope was brilliant. They had a great, incisive take on sports games. I loved reading the old SR. And the forums were excellent.
I enjoyed the old Periscope very much, and I really liked the forums. It's where I used to hang out while bashing OS for locking all of my posts.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 17

Probably the best review I have read on the game thus far... everything they mentioned is true.. I got the game on Tuesday.. I gave it til last night and now I'm done with it... the super speed DBs and their super mario jumping abilities has pissed me off.. let alone horrible passing physics.. everything is thrown like a dart... I popped in ESPN and what a world of difference... its above and beyond, just a better game..

Anyhow, somewhat disappointed in Madden, just wish I read this review before I spent 54 bucks on this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »