Home

Post your progress! (MUT '19)

This is a discussion on Post your progress! (MUT '19) within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #81
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Post your progress! (MUT '19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Why sell at all? Keep him. Get his power up card and upgrade him to a 90 using that card is my suggestion. 150k coin or whatever is great, but then what? What will do buy with those coins? Other packs that won't give you elite cards, let alone a 87ovr one?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
I like the flipping of cards aspect to the mode. I have great options already at WR that I like. I'm a noob at MUT though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #82
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I'm lvl 23 with an 80 OVR squad. Building a Steelers themed team and trying to take advantage of that chem. This is my first year doing MUT, so I've already made some boo boos (like wasting a bunch of my training points on dudes I won't play), but I'm having fun so far. The solos are a grind, but the team building aspect of this is way more fun than franchise and I'll be in WL after going 3-0 in my first H2H games.
Can't you do refunds on those training points?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite

Yes, but it's a partial refund. I burned a bunch of points
Old 08-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #84
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Yes, but only receive half back.
Quote:
I like the flipping of cards aspect to the mode. I have great options already at WR that I like. I'm a noob at MUT though

Honestly I'm fairly new myself too. Last year was first year I even tried it. This year is way better with the training points aspect.

If you really don't want him then I'd trade sell him for training points over coin if it were me. They are more valuable long term than coin imo Or you can sell him to me for cheap so I can use him on his power up card I have lol

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #85
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Yes, but only receive half back.Honestly I'm fairly new myself too. Last year was first year I even tried it. This year is way better with the training points aspect.

If you really don't want him then I'd trade sell him for training points over coin if it were me. They are more valuable long term than coin imo Or you can sell him to me for cheap so I can use him on his power up card I have lol

Lol I have a silver card I'll give you instead

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #86
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Ok I usually know what’s going on with MUT but like I said this year I didn’t even have to time to look into the game let alone MUT until it dropped

What I don’t understand is those upgrade cards you guys are talking about. I know there is those purple cards that you can upgrade with training points. But then there is those cars with just the upgrade icon near the top of the card that you can’t actually upgrade

Do you need those in order to upgrade another card? I’m totally lost when it comes to this although the idea seems pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #87
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Ok I usually know what’s going on with MUT but like I said this year I didn’t even have to time to look into the game let alone MUT until it dropped

What I don’t understand is those upgrade cards you guys are talking about. I know there is those purple cards that you can upgrade with training points. But then there is those cars with just the upgrade icon near the top of the card that you can’t actually upgrade

Do you need those in order to upgrade another card? I’m totally lost when it comes to this although the idea seems pretty cool

Yes, you will need those core elite cards with the box in the left top corner that shows three purple lines.

With the power up card, they all start at an overall of 68. You can upgrade them all to a certain overall using only training points. The overall is dependent on the player obviously.

Then, once you fully upgrade and get to tier 10 or maybe sooner for some...you will need that guy's core elite card to upgrade him further. Usually this is only one overall higher than the core elite card, but I've seen it go higher.

Now, you might ask what's the big deal for one overall point? I agree, especially for the low 80-84 elite cards. For instance, I have the 82 elite Amari Cooper card and his power up card. If I wanted I can upgrade the power up card to am 83ovr using his elite card I have at the end.

The real benefit of doing this is not for the +1 overall rating, but instead for the extra chemistry slots that opens.

This is where you must choose wisely on who to power up. Wasting valuable training points on players who aren't going to be on your team long term is not a good idea imo. Instead use them on your highest overall guys you know you will have long term.

For example, I had the 89 AB and used it with his powerup to boost him to 90. Not huge, but what is huge is the 4 chemistry slots to use. Which some of them costs major training points (1k for a one).

On the other end, the example of Amari Cooper. I will not be upgrading him, at least not anytime soon because I feel I can get a better WR3 than him as a 83ovr after upgrading, spending lots of TP.

Hope that helps! I'm honestly learning myself lol

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #88
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yes, you will need those core elite cards with the box in the left top corner that shows three purple lines.

With the power up card, they all start at an overall of 68. You can upgrade them all to a certain overall using only training points. The overall is dependent on the player obviously.

Then, once you fully upgrade and get to tier 10 or maybe sooner for some...you will need that guy's core elite card to upgrade him further. Usually this is only one overall higher than the core elite card, but I've seen it go higher.

Now, you might ask what's the big deal for one overall point? I agree, especially for the low 80-84 elite cards. For instance, I have the 82 elite Amari Cooper card and his power up card. If I wanted I can upgrade the power up card to am 83ovr using his elite card I have at the end.

The real benefit of doing this is not for the +1 overall rating, but instead for the extra chemistry slots that opens.

This is where you must choose wisely on who to power up. Wasting valuable training points on players who aren't going to be on your team long term is not a good idea imo. Instead use them on your highest overall guys you know you will have long term.

For example, I had the 89 AB and used it with his powerup to boost him to 90. Not huge, but what is huge is the 4 chemistry slots to use. Which some of them costs major training points (1k for a one).

On the other end, the example of Amari Cooper. I will not be upgrading him, at least not anytime soon because I feel I can get a better WR3 than him as a 83ovr after upgrading, spending lots of TP.

Hope that helps! I'm honestly learning myself lol

Thanks man for taking the time to explain .... That really helps me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »