Home

My impression of this game so far.

This is a discussion on My impression of this game so far. within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #25
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: My impression of this game so far.

Is there a way to adjust volume/audio settings (crowd, pa announcer, etc)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #26
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Really love the hitting in this game! Still a bit rough around the edges but for the most part it has been impressive.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #27
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
They carry over. I think you can modify before every game on the controller select screen.
I couldn't see that when I checked. Couldn't find any way to adjust sliders in dynasty mode
Old 09-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
I couldn't see that when I checked. Couldn't find any way to adjust sliders in dynasty mode
I haven't checked any Dynasty Mode screens, but on Play Now you press something like Triangle or Square (Y or X on Xbox) to view the game settings, maybe? Or maybe it's a way different button, I can't remember.

I don't like how Play Now has always seemed to default to Rain or Night options for me, and you have to cycle with a shoulder button by seeing in icon on the screen.

Some menu decisions in this game are questionable (including not being at to see replay or change settings in the mid-game pause menu, and no audio control whatsoever).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #29
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to thank the developers for making this game and their hard work. I have some positive points to share and some negative. Hopefully they can continue to build on this game as I'm sure they will.

Positives:

Physics based tackling is great. Could be honed a bit to make it better but I love it.

Weather effects are very nice.

Player models are fine, I've heard some complaints but they are good imo.

60 fps makes a world of difference.

Customization. It's all there. I've already went in and named all college teams and made or changed their logos to mirror their real life counterparts. Well done.

I enjoy just watching the games from time to time. I can do this in dynasty with my team if I wish and the new broadcast camera is just what the doctor ordered. Awesome addition!

Penalties appear to be fine and the interception rate is good, not overdone.

Negatives:

CPU clock management. Have not seen the cpu call a timeout under any circumstance.

Too many fumbles, way too many. I'm seeing 4-6 a game on average, many are back to back.

Ratings don't seem to matter. I've taken the worst rated team and played the best rated team. I blow them out every time. I've played probably 20 games where I've taken one of the lowest rated teams, went up against a highly rated team and won big. Never lost a game.

Before saying I need to change my sliders let me say that I have done the above with my sliders all at a 1. Have also tried sliders all at 100 with the same results, as well as everything in between. As far as I can tell slider settings don't seem to matter either.

CPU vs. CPU:

These games seem to be closer in score than when I play. Fumbles are still there. Lower rated teams still win these games by a good percentage. I am all for upsets from time to time but something seems off with the ratings and sliders. Not even sure the sliders are supposed to be relevant in CPU vs CPU but if they're not then one would think the ratings would come into play.

All in all I believe the game has a good base. With some tweaks here and there I think it can become a very good game.

Last edited by opd897; 09-27-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I lose control of my player sometimes like I have to fight the player and sometime he just does his own thing. Controls are not good. The controls should be solid not janky. Feel of the game is everything. If it doesn't feel good I won't play it. I was expecting more of a playable game. Feel like I was mislead by people wanting this to the NCAA 14. It is not even NCAA 05.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #31
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Is there a way to adjust volume/audio settings (crowd, pa announcer, etc)?
Unfortunately no. We don't have a UI built for those types of settings either.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 08:59 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Am i the only one who's quarterback throws the ball without any button being pushed?? also the running game is nice but a bit overpowered compared to the passing game.. the latency between button push and actual pass needs work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »